Ch 12

Sorry. I’ve been busy for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~

William’s POV

“Drake…” she said, wiping those teas on her cheeks.

I closed my eyes for a second as I clench my right fist. I sighed.

“Please… Don’t do something to him… Promise me…” I looked to her. She’s looking at my fists but then when she saw I’m looking, she looked me in the eyes. “I don’t want you to get involved with this… I- please… Don’t do anything that could harm you…”

I sighed. I went near her and caressed her cheek by my thumb. She held my arm. “Promise me…” She said weekly.

“Promise…”

Minutes passed, the door busted open. A tall nurse with brunette hair came in. “Sorry Sir, visiting hours is over. You can go back tomorrow…” I frowned at her then she got scared so she immediately went out.

I looked back again at Jamie. I smiled a bit. “So, I’ll see you tomorrow babe…” I cooed then I kissed her forehead. She smiled. “Good night…”

I went out of the hospital and hopped in to my Range Rover as I parked the car on the hospital’s parking lot. I inserted the key and started the engine. As I was on my way home, I saw a man walking holding a bottle of beer. Then it hit me. It’s the guy Gre- I mean Drake.

I parked my car on the side of the road and ran towards his direction. I don’t think he noticed me as I’m facing his back and he’s still walking forward. “Hey, you!” I shouted. He turned his head.

“Oh, Wally! Wanna drink?” he says laughing as he’s raising his bottle. I grabbed it and throw it. The bottle was broken into small pieces. “Why did you do that?” he frowned.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and lifted him in air. “First of all, William is my name.” He held my arms. “Second…” I breathe in “Leave Jamie alone…” I growled. He looked away.

“No.” He smirked evilly.

I dropped him and he accidentally fell on the rocky ground. His head was hit on a rock, a blood streamed on his face from the cut on his forehead. He touched it and saw blood on his fingers.

“Fuck you!” he said looking at me.

My blood boiled and I can’t stop myself to beat him. I don’t know how many times I punched him but then he fainted. I called the police. Minutes later, I heard police car’s sirens going louder as they went near.

“What’s happening here?” A short and fat police officer asked.

“He’s the one who tried to kill Jamie, Sir! He shot her…” I said pointing at Drake.

The police called for ambulance. Then minutes later, sirens were heard.

“We’ll take him to the hospital first Sir, but we’ll guard him so that he won’t slip away…” he police said looking at that guy Drake as he is being assisted by nurses.

I went home and immediately hopped in my bed. I feel so knackered. I checked my phone before drifting to sleep. 12:01 AM. I blacked out.

~~~

I opened my eyes as I got irritated by the sun light from the window. I lazily hopped out of my bed as I glance at my wall clock. 10:39 AM.

I walked bare foot and twisted the cold knob of my bathroom as I reached and went inside. I closed the door behind I ripped of my clothes then hopped on shower. I twisted the knob and water greatly splashed on my body. I looked at my knuckles. There are cuts with dried blood and bruises. I washed those bloods off so that Jamie won’t notice if we’ll meet.