Chapter 1

Monday, the worst possible day of the week. It meant the weekend was over and you were back to your normal schedule of lectures, seminars and even more lectures.

You knew that University was going to be hard, and you told yourself that you were actually going to work your butt off this year but... of course you lied. Admittedly, you did start to keep a revision time table, but after a while it started to slip more and more every week. 

You eventually got yourself out of bed, 7:00am. You had exactly an hour to get yourself prepared for the hell hole you were about to experience, honestly you weren't ready. Mentally or physically. 

Your History teacher, Mr. Fenton was an arse. He always picked on you to read out loud when he knew you were having a bad day, or made a point of calling you out about your skirt being 'too high'. Seriously? You were 21, you were literally an adult and he managed to make you feel like you were in high school again.

Although, this didn't stop you. You still wore whatever the hell you wanted, much to the distaste of Mr. Fenton and your fellow peers. Apparently grunge 'wasn't cool'. Fuck them. You liked it so you wore it.

You looked at yourself in the bathroom mirror while you ran the shower, the bags under your eyes were starting to fade due to the amount of sleep you were getting now, but your grades were taking a hit. You used to be an A grade student but now they were starting to slip. 

I bet if I didn't hate my teacher I'd get better grades.

You quickly jumped in the shower; got washed; jumped out again and began to get dry. Rummaging through your clothes draw, you picked out a pair of black skinny jeans with rips in the knees, wondering what comment Mr. Fenton would make today. 'Did you fall over and rip those?' or 'You're saying you paid for them to be ripped?' You thought the later would be the comment he would choose to make.

Slipping into the jeans you chose a simple grey jumper, nice and baggy so you could turn up the sleeves and look adorable. Well, you thought you looked adorable. Finishing off your look with some plain winged eyeliner and a little bit of contouring, you were ready.

7:45am, shit! You had 15 minutes to get to class, hopefully you could make it if you speed-walk. Collecting up your books for the class today as well as you portable phone charger and a book, you were assuming that you were going to need them, you stuffed them into your bag and began the tedious walk to your lecture hall.

Pushing your earbuds into place, you played some of your favourite band as you walked to make the journey a bit more cheerful, 4 hours in one listening to that old fart would not be fun.

It took you exactly 4 and a half songs to get to class, you would never count in actual minutes so you had no idea what the time was. You pressed the lock button on your phone to see what the time was, 7:56am for once you were early.

As you put your phone into your pocket you entered the small and empty classroom, there were only 12 of you in the class so they had put you in the smallest room on campus. Your phone vibrated again. It was from your best friend. Nova.

Nova: You in class yet?xx 

You: Just got in, why?xx

You took your seat in the front row by the only window in the whole room, you had claimed it as your own a couple of weeks back when the semester started. You felt your phone vibrate again.

Nova: Mr. Fenton left, we have a meet and greet with the new teacher in the hall at 8am, class doesn't start til 8:15am today xx

As you read the words you mentally high-fived yourself, taking personal credit for his departure.

You: Oh no! What a shame, I'm in class already so I might as well wait here for everyone, who's the new teacher?xx

Nova: You lil rebel! No idea who the new fool is, bet you'll destroy them too though!xx

You laughed to yourself at that comment. You had met Nova in your History class, after you sassed the shit out of Mr. Fenton for the first time she took a liking to you. Of course her real name was Nancy, but she loved space so she asked people to call her Nova.

You: The poor thing wont know what hit them xx

The bell sounded for first period, meaning it was 8:00am, you took out your History book and decided it would be a good idea to clue yourself up on what you were learning today and you bet the new teacher would be just another dead-beat that would kill the subject for you.

After having written down a good page of notes the second bell sounded, you put your stuff away so you didn't look like a nerd and turned your music up even louder. What was the point in listening they were just going to bore the shit out of you.

You watched as everyone piled in. You didn't take notice you just looked directly out of the window, until a big hand slammed itself down on your desk. You jumped at the vibration, not hearing the sound over your music.

Glancing up at the owner of the hand, you raised an eyebrow. This was not some old fart as you had predicted but your sarcasm levels were too high to not say anything.

This guy was about 27, black hair with the fringe dyed red, wearing a suit. It was obvious he was the new teacher but you played dumb.

'This seats taken, if you want it you're gunna have to get to class earlier than me' you smirked, putting the earbud back in your ear. His reflexes were quick. He grabbed the headphones from you and shoved them into his pocket, they made an audible 'pop' as they disconnected themselves from your phone.

Pretending not to be phased by this you allowed him to speak.

'Actually, I'm Mr. Fischbach your new History teacher. And you madam, have earned yourself detention.' he said seeming a bit pissed off. Your attempts of pretending not to care had worn off and you argued back.

'What the fuck? I'm not 16, we don't do detention here!' you half shouted back. He had began to turn around to walk to his desk but your comment had made him stop and turn to face you again. 'Speak to me like that again and you'll have detention every day for the rest of the week' he said in a calm but dominating tone.

It was going to be a long day. 

Want chapters to be updated faster? Think about supporting me on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/TheAngelThatWrote

The majority of my time is taken up working to be able to live, with your help I'll be able to spend more time writing and less time working if I'm able to make writing my primary job.