Chapter 41

Tris POV

Ever since my memory fully came back Tobias hasn't left me for a second. Shai is growing up incredibly fast, she's almost 3. Me and Tobias are both sitting in our living room cuddling and I listen to him tell me how much he loves me which gives me butterflies and makes me smile like an idiot.

I hear the doorbell ring and me and Tobias basically jump off the couch. We exchange worried looks." I'll get it." I offer but Tobias lightly pushes me behind him." No Tris I will, stay behind me." I nod and cling onto his arm. The doorbell rings again. Shai is asleep in her room no one can get to het without getting through me and Tobias.

We make it to the door and Tobias slowly opens it. And Tobias has a look of fear on his face. I look around him and see. Him. The monster. Okay maybe monster is an understatement, lets dry demon." What the hell do you want Marcus?!" Tobias shouts I rush in front of him so he won't do anything." Ah Tris how beautiful you've become." Marcus strokes my face and I slap his hand away." What do you want?" I ask.

" I just came to see my beautiful granddaughter!" He says inviting himself in." Well she doesn't want to see you." Tobias spats." Marcus how did you find out about her?" I ask remembering that we only told dauntless. Marcus laughs." I thought we left you to die asshole." Tobias grabs me and pulls me close to him." See son, I never die, cause I'm smarter than that. Death is a choice and I don't want to choose it. And sweet Tris I'm still the leader of abnegation I know everything."

I cringe at him." Mommy!" Shai yells." Oh no." I mumble." Ah is that her?" Marcus asks as Shai runs out of her room." You touch my wife or my child you will die." Tobias shoves Marcus into a wall. I pick up Shai and run her back to her room." Mommy who was that?" I hold her close." Someone you'll never want to meet."