Chapter 33

AN: that awkward moment when you're failing Language arts but not math class 😕😒.

Tobias POV
Me, Tris and Shai are heading away from dauntless. I don't know what's going to happen. I just know seeing my mother will not end well for anyone. I sigh. It's crazy I'm leaving this place. Edward isn't moving very fast. I remember the night he lost his eye to Peter. It was the middle of the night. I remember Tris and Christina. Christina was crying or something but Tris was mad. Or she looked like it anyway. We walk out of dauntless leaving behind our memories. Shai looks excited. I mean she's barley a toddler of course she's excited to go somewhere new. Before I realize it, we're almost in factionless. I stop walking for a second. Tris looks worried." You okay Tobias?" She asks." Ya I'm fine Tris." I say then start walking with them again. She nods." Daddy we're going to have fun." Shai jumps. I smile at her." Mommy we're going to have fun right?" Shai puts her hands on her hips." Yes Shai we're gonna have fun." Tris says with a giggle." Alright guys. Matt will take your things when we get to factionless. He'll take good care of your stuff and put them in your room." Edward explains.
Tris POV
I worry about Tobias. Edward is talking but I'm not listening really. We finally reach factionless. I look at Tobias. He's tense. A man walks up to us and takes our things. Except Shai's bear, he doesn't take that. We get into factionless and everyone's eyes are on us. I hear whispers. Some ask if it's really Tris Prior or if Tobias Eaton is back. Tobias holds my hand. I kiss his cheek. Shai squeezes her bear." Tobias?" I hear a weak voice say. Tobias's grip on my hand is very tight. That must be his mother." Oh Tobias I haven't seen you in years." She says. Tobias avoids her." This must be Tris and Shai." She says excited." I'm Evelyn. Tris it's so great to meet you, I've heard great things." She shakes my hand. I smile." You must be Shai, I'm your grandma Shai." She talks in a sweet voice. Shai looks up at me. I nod." Hi grandma." She says a little scared. Evelyn smiles at her. Tobias is clearly fighting the urge to kill her. I rub my thumb on the top of his hand." Follow me." She says. We walk behind her. I see a young man, probably my age or younger. Black hair, green eyes, slim, and absolutely no muscle. He stares at me. I try to avoid him but he keeps staring at me. Tobias kisses my head. I smile." Everything will be okay Tobi.." I whisper. He nods and smiles. We go up some stairs." Mom I'm tired." Shai says half way up the stairs. I pick her up. She rests her head on my shoulder. She's still holding her bear tightly. Tobias kisses her. We finally get to the top of the stairs. Evelyn looks around for a second then proceeds forward. We reach a room with 2 beds, a couch, a window, and our things." This is your room. Tris I heard you don't like being around people much so I fixed this up for you." Evelyn smiles." Thank you." I say quietly trying not to wake Shai." Good night you three." Evelyn leaves and we shut the door. I lay Shai down on the little bed." Tris I miss our home." Tobias says laying down." Me too Tobi." I lay next to him." I feel uncomfortable here." I admit. Tobias cuddles me. He lays a blanket on us. We fall asleep...
"Tobias?" I yell. I search everywhere for him." Excuse me have you seen my husband Tobias?" I ask a woman. She ignores me and walks on." Tobias!" I yell louder. It's bright here. I can't find Tobias or Shai. I see Tobias. He's on the ground. I run to him." Tobias!" I scream. I run but hit a glass wall. I try to break it but nothing works. I see Marcus walking to Tobias." Tobias move!" I scream." Tobias!" I can't break the glass. Marcus starts hitting him. Tobias is lying down in a pile of his own blood." Tobias no!" I scream.
" Tris. Tris baby wake up." Tobias shakes me awake. I realize it was all a dream." Tobias I was so scared." I cry. He holds me." It's all over now I'm here." He comforts me." Tobias my nightmares are coming back." I get scared." I'll protect you baby." He kisses me.