Chapter 38

AN: listen to Shark by Oh wonder. You guys are going to hate me for this...

Tobias POV
I hold Tris's cold hand." I'm sorry Mr. Eaton she's gone." The doctor says. I try to hold my tears back. She's really gone. Everything we did together. Everything we said. Everything now. It's all gone. Shai won't understand why she's gone. I can't believe this. Any of this. My heart shatters." You die, I die to." I whisper.
Tris POV
I walk towards the light." You die I die to." I hear. Tobias. What will happen to Shai? I won't be able to watch her grow up. I sigh.
Tobias POV
Shai can be with Christina and Will, they wanted kids. I don't want to do this but without Tris theres no reason for me to live. I feel the cold gun on my hand.
Tris POV
Tobias starts pulling out a gun." Oh god Tobias stop!" I scream. I don't want him to die, not like this."I want to live! Let me go back to him!" I yell.
Tobias POV
Tris's heart monitor starts back up. I look at her. I drop the gun. Her head pops up and she gasps for air." Tris!" I kiss her. She pulls back." Um, do I know you?" She asks. No. She lost her memory." Tris it's me. Tobi." I hold her hand." I'm sorry I just don't know you." The nurse comes in." Tris. It's a miracle you're alive you know." She says." What happened to me?" Tris asks. The nurses smile drops." I'll be back." She leaves." Tris. I'm your husband Tobias, we have a daughter her name is Shailene you call her Shai. You're divergent, remember." I say. She looks confused." I'm married?" She asks. I lift up her hand and she stares at her wedding ring." It's really pretty." She says like she's never seen it before." You ranked first in Dauntless." I say. She shakes her head." I'm sorry I cant remember." She lets out some air." You got shot Tris. You killed Jeanie, you did it Tris." Her eyes fill with fear." I killed someone?" Oops maybe I shouldn't have said that." Tris I-" I'm interrupted by the nurse." Tris you have amnesia. Your memory will return maybe in a year or two." She says." You can leave whenever your husband and you are ready." She pats my back." Good luck." She whispers and leaves." I'll get your things." She gets out of the bed and wobbles a little. She starts to fall and I grab her. Our eyes meet. I remember suddenly how much I love her. She stands back up. I don't know how I'll live like this.