Chapter 24

Tobias POV

I stare at Tris. Her lifeless body in the arms of Erudite guards." You can't have her!" I shout at Jeanine referring to Shai." Alright. We'll kill Beatrice. I know your weaknesses Mr. Eaton." Jeanine whispers staring into my eyes." Every time you disobey, I'll kill one of the people you love." She continues. I look at me and Tris's friends. The guards hold them tight. I look at Christina, she has a cut that's above her left eye it's bleeding, I look into her eyes. She says nothing but her silence screams help me. I can't let my friends die. I can't let Tris die. I think of Shai. I think of how happy she was when she said Mama. I can't lose Shai." What will you do to Shai?" I ask Jeanine. Tears fill my eyes but I hold them back with all my might." We will test her. We'll figure out if she's divergent. Is she is we will continue testing her until her body gets tired and dies. If she isn't we will give her back to you." Jeanine explains." I'll give you Shai. If you don't kill Tris, or my friends. And Shai will be given back to us unharmed as soon as you get your stupid information." I say quite rudely." Fine." Jeanine says. I start crying. I don't want Shai to leave us. I walk into the house. I open Shai's door." Dada!" She says with that beautiful Shai smile." Hi sweetheart." I say picking her up." I love you so much Shai." I say kissing her forehead. I walk out to Jeanine." Ah. You must be Shai." Jeanine says to Shai." Mama!" Shai yells pointing to Tris." Mama!" She shouts again." Mama mama mama!" She shouts crying. I kiss her." Mama is sleeping sweetheart." I whisper." Let's go." Jeanine says. Her guards lead us to a car." Your friends are free to go." One guard says. It sounds exactly like Peter. I look around at all my friends. Peter isn't there!" Peter?" I whisper. He puts a finger on his lips and winks. He lays tris on my lap." Mama!" Shai shouts. Shai plays with Tris's hair. I rub Tris's back." You die I die to." I whisper. I feel the car move. Tris jerks awake." Tobias!" She shouts." Shh shh. I'm here." I say." They have to take Shai baby." I say Tris starts crying." No." She says. I look back at Peter." Traitor." I mumble." Mama." Shai says. Tris kisses Shai. We arrive at Erudite. Guards shove us out the door. Jeanine leads us. Tris holds Shai tight. Peter walks close to me." Trust me." He whispers." Why?" I whisper back." I can save your ass." He says. I nod.
Tris POV
My head pounds. Shai puts her head on my shoulder. I feel terrified. I follow Jeanine into a large room. Filled with machines and equipment every where. They have computers as well." Place the child here." Jeanine says pointing to a large white table with some wires." Why? What are you gonna do?" Tobias asks. I feel a guard behind me." Test her." Jeanine says." Test her how?" I ask. Tobias grabs my arm. How is he so calm? The guard behind me takes Shai." Hey asshole that's my daughter!" I yell. I run up to the guard and punch him. Tobias grabs me from behind." Calm down baby. It's Peter he's gonna help us." He whispers so quietly I barley hear him. I nod." Mama!" Shai yells as Jeanine and other Erudite swarm her. They stick a needle in her arm." Mama Dada!" She screams. It kills me to hear her scream. I cry on Tobias's shoulder. He pats my back. I look at Shai. Her eyes are on me. I mouth I love you. I look over and see Peter. He looks at Shai and looks back at me. He nods. I run over to the table and start punching all the erudite. Peter shuts the door and makes sure it's locked. Tobias grabs a gun and starts shooting at the Erudite. I undo Shai. She's out cold. I grab her and Jeanine throws a knife at my head. It misses luckily." Are you crazy?!" I shout. I see her holding a gun to Tobias's head." Be careful Tris." Jeanine says. I look at Tobias. Peter stands behind Jeanine." Jeanine. Put down the gun." I command. She laughs." I'm not your pet Tris. You can't tell me what to do." She says." Well Jeanine. I think you forgot. I'm divergent." I say throwing a knife at her. It lands on her hand blood gushes out of her hand and she screams. I run to Tobias." Baby are you okay?" I ask. He nods." Let's get out of here." He says. Peter opens the door through the computer. We run out the doors. The doors to exit Erudite are locked. Peter tries to unlock them but it doesn't work." Looks like we have to go the fun way." He smiles. He runs up the stairs me and Tobias follow. I worry about Shai. Why isn't she awake? I get my thoughts cut off by Peter opening a small round metal door. It's a Garbage Shute." Ladies first." Peter says." No way!" I yell. I see guards running up the stairs. Peter pushes me through the shute. I scream and hold Shai tightly. I hit something hard as I fling out the Shute onto my face. Rocks. I stand up carefully. Tobias comes out next. He lands on his feet. Show off. Peter comes out last. We run to dauntless. It takes us about 40 minutes. Shai still isn't awake. We stop at me and Tobias's apartment." Are you okay baby?" Tobias asks." Yes. I'm worried about Shai. She won't wake up." I say opening the door to the apartment. Tobias listens to Shai's heart." Tris Shai isn't...

AN: cliffhanger dun dun dunnnn!!