-Twenty Eight-

*Two Months later*

"Well I heard there was a secret chord, that David played and it pleased the Lord. But you don't really care for music, do you?" The music played through out the house. I placed another piece of wood on the fire, smiling as it crackled. I slowly stood up, pulling the hood of my jersey over my head, making my way towards the kitchen. I grabbed a cup from the cupboard, emptying a hot chocolate sachet into it, adding sugar. "Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah" I hummed, pouring the hot water into the cup, pouring in a small amount of milk. I picked up the cup, taking a sip as i made my way back over to the fire. Pulling the blanket around me, i stared into the burning fire, letting the warmth sink into my skin. I looked over at the Christmas tree as the light from it filled the room.

"Your faith was strong but you needed proof, you saw her bathing on the roof. Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you" I placed my cup on the coffee table, making my way over to the sliding doors. I pulled on my blue jacket over my hoodie, pulling on my uggs before making my way outside. The cold air hit me, sending a shiver down my spine. I flicked on the outside speakers, the music filing the air. "Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah". I walked down the steps, making my way into the middle of the snow covered field. There were no houses around this house. Nothing but trees surrounded this place. And the backyard, was massive. I had purchased this place when we were in Ohio a couple moths ago. I fell in love with it. No body knows i did. I wanted it to be my little getaway hideaway. 

"Hello?" I answered, placing my phone to my ear. "Hey baby, how are you?" Louis' voice rang through the phone. "Hey bub, i'm good. How are you?" I half smiled, kicking the snow beneath my feet. "I'm good. Miss you though. How's everything going" He asked. I let out a sigh, turning on my feet to look at the house. "Everything's good" I half smiled, shaking my head. "How are you holding up? How's Lottie?" I asked, shoving my hand into my pockets. "I'm okay. Trying to stay strong for the family, that's all. Lottie isn't doing so well." His voice broke, as did my heart. "I'm trying to help, but i just don't know how" He sighed, his voice breaking once more. I held my breath for a second. 

"Lou. I think you and Lottie should come out and join me here for Christmas" I made my way back towards the house. "But that's your secret place" He whispered. "Louis. You and Lottie need to be away from everything more than anything right now. You need your space. So this Christmas, it's going to be our secret place. I'll buy you the tickets and pick you up at the airport. Don't even worry about it" I smiled, walking through the sliding doors. "Thank you. I'm gunna go tell Lottie. Thank you. I love you so much" His voice cracked. I had a feeling he was crying, my heart broke even more. "I'll see you soon. I love you too" I hung up, throwing my phone onto the couch, slipping off my jacket. 

Only a few hours later and i was at the airport, waiting in a private room. I pulled off my hood, walking over to the window, watching as the snow lightly fell to the ground. "Chels" I spun around, a smile on my face. "Bub" i smiled, pulling Louis in for  hug. "I missed you" I smiled, pecking him on the lips. He pulled me in tighter, giving me one last squeeze before letting go, shoving his hands into his pockets, looking behind him. "Hey Lottie. How you doing?" I smiled at her. "I'm okay. Thanks for letting us come out here" She half smiled, shrugging slightly. "Of course Lot." I smiled, pulling her in for a hug. "We should get going, it's a bit of a drive" I smiled, grabbing a couple bags, making our way out to the car. 

"And I've seen your flag on the marble arch, and love is not a victory march. It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah" I pressed play on the music, turning on my heel. "Lou, my room is up the stairs to the left, Lottie you can have any room to the right. Make yourself at home. You can use and eat anything you want. I'll make us some dinner, it should be ready in like an hour" I smiled, giving Lottie's arm a small squeeze. "Thanks" She smiled, making her way up the stairs. I walked into the kitchen, grabbing the different ingredients out of the cupboards. "Need any help?" Louis asked, smiling at me as he walked into the room. "No, i'm alright. Why don't you go take a hot bath? Relax a little" I smiled up at him. He nodded, making his way down the hall.

"And it's not a cry that you hear at night, It's not somebody who's seen the light. It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah". "This place is amazing" Lottie smiled, pulling the blanket around herself. "Thanks, i love how secluded it is" I smiled, snuggling into Louis more. "You guys are welcome to stay as long as you want. You need your time to heal and a secluded place is perfect for that" I smiled, looking into the fire. "I'm sorry, by the way. About your loss. Your mum" I paused looking at them both, "Your mum was an amazing, beautiful woman, who didn't deserve what the world gave to her. May god rest her sole". "Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah"