Happiness And Their Futures.

Cas looked over to see a pained expression on my face.  His head tilted as a hand placed against my forehead.  He found himself in my dream.  He kept himself just out of my view.  It had felt like ages since this moment happened.  He nearly forgot about it himself.

He touched the wound on my body.  It slowly pieced together.  My eyes shot open.  I was confused how I snapped back to reality so quickly.  I was against something warm.  I looked up to see a concerned Castiel looking at me.  He forced a smile trying to looks like he was okay.

"Cas, I'm so sorry," I muttered.

"It wasn't you. How do you feel?"

"Okay," I said glancing over noticing the dead angel nearby, "What happened to them?"

"They hurt you.  I just, I reacted."

"Can't you bring them back?"

"No.  They are beyond help."

"How long ago did it happen?" I asked.

"A few minutes.  Not long, really."

I scrambled out of Castiel's grasp and knelt beside the angel's body.  My eyes closed as I spoke.  Castiel tilted his head not understanding my native language.  Green specks filled the air and took off.  Their spirit had not yet completely disappeared.  Most beings, including humans, demon and angels, had moments in which their spirit stayed around before leaving.  It was a long shot but it was worth a try.  Suddenly the green turned blue as the spirit gathered together.  I forced it back into the body as the wound started to close.  My hands lowered as I sat on the ground.  Every fiber of my being felt exhausted.  Angels used a lot more energy than anything else I had tried this on.  It was a few moments longer before the angel's eyes shot open.  They sat up clutching their chest in disbelief.  Their eyes met with Castiel, who shook his head.  Then they looked to me.

"You're okay," I said with a smile.

"How did you even? Why would you do that?" they asked.

"I'm supposed to protect you when I can.  I figured it was worth a shot."

"But I tried...and Cas you'll be in trouble for-"

"I think we can all chalk this up to demons and forget that it happened, right?"

"I can do that," Castiel said.

"And?" I asked him.

"And what?"

"You should apologize."

"I am sorry for killing you," Castiel said hesitantly.

The other angel started to laugh.  Castiel and I looked over, both of us confused.  The other angel stood up and reached their hand out to me.  I took it as they helped me up.

"I should apologize as well.  You're not half bad for a deity."

It wasn't a perfect complement but I would take it.  We headed back.  They were shocked that we were the first group to return.  The angel regaled the others with what I had done.  Of course the story had changed.  It was a demon that got ahold of their blade in the fight.  But it was the same ending.  I selflessly brought them back after how mean everyone had been to me.  Things changed after that.  In the middle of the third telling of the story, Castiel grabbed me and pulled me aside.

"What is it, Cas?"

"Why do you call me that?"

"Castiel is too formal.  We're friends now, right?" I smiled.