Beneath The Waves.

We finished packing and met downstairs.  Cas kept looking at me awkwardly.  I was going to ask what was bothering him, but everyone else had walked into the room.  We all put our hands together.  Cas topped our joined hands with his own and poof, we were halfway across the world.  The green, rolling hills sprawled across the landscape.  We were just outside of a small town.  Everyone looked around as Cas stumbled into me. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked.

"That was a lot more energy required than I expected," he replied.

"Hey guys, why don't you find a place for us to crash and we'll catch up."

"Alright, call if you need anything," Sam said.

They started toward the town with bags flung over their shoulders.  I sat down on the ground next to Cas.  He explained that he just needed a few minutes.  But after some time had passed he still was a little winded.  I cocked my eyebrow and looked at him.

"Absolutely not, ____," Cas said.

"Cas.  Why won't you let me help you?" I asked.

"I'm fine."

"Okay, if you're fine then stand up."

"That has nothing to do with it."

"Then stand up."

I watched him struggle to get to his knees.  His legs were visibly shaking through his pants.  He huffed and sat back on the ground.  I smiled at him.

"They way I see it, you need to do this at some point if we want to get back."

"I'll take it from Dean, or Sam," he argued.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

"What?"

"I see the way you look at Dean sometimes," I joked.

"No, ____,  I never meant to make you think that.  I will only look at you from now on."

"Cas, I was joking.  Now come on let's get you up and running."

"But, I just can't.  If I mess up-" he started.

"You won't."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, get on with it already."

He situated himself to face me.  I nodded as if to tell him to continue.  We needed him to get back home anyway.  He said it would hurt and I don't know what I was expecting.  His hand moved through my body into the spiritual center of my body.  My hand gripped his shoulder tightly.  It was a weird sensation.  Like something warm, but cool at the same time engulfing the very essence of my being.  Cas slowly and carefully removed his hand as the sensation faded.  My body tingled all over.  I took a deep breath as Cas stood up.  His hand extended to me.

"Thank you,  _____," he said, "I hope that wasn't too unpleasant for you."

" It was an interesting feeling," I said rubbing where the lingering feeling twinged on my stomach.

"You have a very pure soul."

"Uh, thanks?"

I grabbed his hand and stood up. My eyes gazed over the green land that rolled on for what could have been forever.  A breeze brushed my skin as my hair caught on the wind.  I closed my eyes and savored the moment.

"Do you miss it here?" Cas asked.

"Hm, good question.  I think it's just a very nostalgic feeling for me to be back here."