Memories And Explanations.

It was early in the morning when we arrived back to the room.  Dean and Sam had woken up.   My head felt a little spin as we came back to the room.  I immediately sat down on the bed and held my head.  Something felt wrong.  I closed my eyes tightly as my body fell backwards onto the bed.  My mind was slipping away into something dark.  A memory hidden away in the back of my mind.

"Please stop," my voice squeaked, "I promise, I-"

A fist crashed into my face.  Blood poured from the already open wounds on my face.  I coughed spitting blood onto the floor.  The voice of a figure I couldn't make out demanded me to shut up.

"I made a deal with Him.  I wouldn't go back on it. The vessel was empty.  Please, ask Castiel, he was there he saw-"

"I said shut up!" the voice roared.

A blade sunk into my shoulder as I felt weakness spread across my body.  I fell face first into my own blood.  My voice was hoarse from screaming and pleading.

"We just got word you will be executed for your crimes tomorrow."

"Do whatever you want," I said composing myself and sat up, "but I know the truth and so does He.  At least let me say goodbye to Castiel.  He was my-"

Another object hit the back of my head.  I fell onto the ground. Footsteps headed away from me.  A door swung open and there he stood.  I knew it was just his vessel, but he was my friend and comrade.  He may have been awkward, but I loved him just the same.  His blue eyes met my figure.  In the few seconds we had to see each other he tried to rush forward.  Two angels stopped him and held him back.

"These are our orders, Castiel.  Do you really want to defy them?" the voice asked.

I watched him stand down.  He stopped fighting against them.  His head hung low.  I knew damn well these weren't orders from the man upstairs.  I just smiled.  That smile he never quite understood.  He knew what it meant.  Because even in the most dire of situations I would always smile and tell him.  Everything will be okay, Cas.

Pain rushed through my head as my eyes shot open.  I sat to find a not so concerned Castiel sitting nearby.  This time he wasn't right next to me.  Dean and Sam were gone.  My hands were shaking as I looked around.  What was that?

"You're awake," Castiel said flatly.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You passed out.  Not everyone can handle traveling like that well."

"Oh."

I paused hanging onto the fading thread of that memory.  Castiel was reading a magazine.  He flipped the pages a few times.

"Uh, Castiel," I said.

"Cas, is fine.  That is what y-," he paused, "that's what everyone calls me down here."

"Oh, I  didn't mean-"

"You didn't offend me."

"Are you in my head or something?"

"Something."

"Ugh, I am going to go grab a drink," I huffed.

"Outside?" he asked looking over.

"That's where the drink machine is. You want something?"

"No."

"Jeez, are you always so personable?"

"I am working on my people skills," his blue eyes caught mine.

I remembered that sad look on his face.  Just at the end of my dream.  They told him they were under orders and he stood down.  Like a dog would when told to sit.  I didn't resent him.  And I wasn't sure why.  I mean it was just a dream.