"That's not true." She said steadily. I turned to look at her. She seemed nervous now that she had been busted. "I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start."

"I can hear your heartbeat." I cut her.

"It jumps when you are being dishonest with me. You lied to me at the ball, you are lying to me now. Tell me the truth." I said approaching her slowly, until we were face to face.

"I never wanted this to happen." She had finally broken.

"What Elena?" I asked annoyed. I had started to lose my temper.

"We were told, that whatever was in that coffin would help us kill Klaus. When, we found out it was your mother we didn't know what to think."

"Since she returned, she says she wants our family hold again." I explained trying to understand.

"When she asked to see me, I thought that maybe she could help, that she could find a way to kill Klaus. It's not just Klaus that she wants to kill." She said.

"She wants to kill us all, isn't she?" I realized.

I swore quietly. My poor Cassandra. She knew everything. That's why she didn't want to talk to Elena this morning or to go to my place last night. She didn't want me to release her from my embrace. Because, she knew that we didn't have much time.

"Do you know what will happen to Cassandra, since we are soulmates?" I asked her, anger obvious in my voice. She didn't care about me. She didn't care even for her best friend?

"I forgot it Elijah. We talked after she had talked to your mother."

"She talked to my mother?" I asked her growling. Elena seemed scared.

"Yes." She said gulping. "She tried to negotiate."

"With no result I guess." She nodded. I swore again.

"I'm so sorry, Elijah." I was looking far away from her. My girl... My love... "I wish there was something I could do to help." When I heard this phrase of hers, I was beyond mad. However, I managed to stay calm in a way.

"You know, one thing I've learnt in my time on this earth; be careful what you wish for." I finished.

She looked at me confused, but then out of the blue I hit the ground with my foot making it collapse. As Elena was looking startled, I got the chance to grab her and descend her to the caves I was talking about earlier. I left her on the ground and then disappeared. She wouldn't be able to get out of there alone. Especially, with the company I had arranged for her.

Cassandra's P.O.V.

I woke up and my head was hurting like hell. What the hell happened? I wondered. I was in my bedroom and it had started to darken outside. Where was Elijah? I didn't have time to think things further, because my phone started ringing. I sat up in difficulty, feeling dizzy. I grabbed it by the bedside table. Stefan? I picked it up.

"Yes?" I replied sleepily.

"Having a nap?" Stefan said in an ironic tone.

"What do you want Stefan?" I replied annoyed.

"Have you seen Elena?"

"No."

"Have you talked to Elena?"

"No."

"Have you had a vision about Elena?"

"No. Stefan why are you asking me all these questions?"