Home

"Luke?" Kate whispered in a small voice. Despite Jess telling her to give him space, and that he had looked 'scary', Kate had insisted on finding him. It was Luke, he wouldn't hurt her, she had told Jess. Something was wrong, and she couldn't bear it that he was in pain. If he was over her...if he didn't love her anymore...she would find a way to live with it. But she couldn't live knowing he was unhappy.

Will's gaze had followed her regretfully as she had marched after Luke, and she had ignored him.

She walked through a darkened corridor, drawn to an open door, and found herself in a vast balcony with inky sky above. Her gaze darted around until she spotted his silhouette, and she took a huge bracing breath, her heart crushing in agony and love for him. Unwilling to break the silence of the night with her clicking stilletoes, she kicked them off silently before cautiously walking up to him on bare feet.

"Luke."

He was bent over the rail, his elbows resting on the metal and his face in his hands, breathing deeply. He froze when he heard her voice.

Stunned by the stark lines of his back and the pained sounds coming from him, she faltered to a stop. "Luke."

Saliva filled her mouth, emotion choking her, and she swallowed it painfully, blinking away tears.

"Luke, I love you." she blurted, and then clapped her hands on her mouth. She lowered them shakily, "It's okay. It's okay if you don't..." love me anymore. She took a deep breath, "Please...look at me."

He didn't turn around, still locked in place.

"I can't b-bear it that you're hurting." she cried out, "Please."

He moved then, straightening, but didn't turn to her, instead gazing at the night sky. A soft breeze passed over them, and she stood behind him, staring starkly at his back, both of then locked in place as she waited for him to reply. After a few agonizing moments, he whispered strangely. "I'm fine, Kate. Don't worry about me. I just want to be by myself."

"Look at me." she whispered. Her fingers curled in her palms, "Just once."

"Go away, Kate." he said, his voice strangely hollow.

"C-call me Chipmunk. Just once. Please..." she winced, wiping her eyes, hating that she was losing control. The sight of his pain had undone her, "I missed you so much, Luke."

"Not now. I'll talk to you later. I just..." he took a deep breath.

Horror filled her. Could he not bare to look at her anymore?

Of course he couldn't with how pathetic she sounded. Silently, shuddering to keep the sounds of pain inside, she wiped her face, pushing her hair back, drawing herself up.

"Okay. I'm not crying anymore. I promise I won't act crazy." she waited for him to look at her, "I just want to see your face. Just once." she begged softly.

He shoved his hands in his hair, "Damn it, I can't see you, okay? Please, Kate, just go!"

"Luke--"

"GO! Leave me alone!"

She stumbled back, horrified. Never, in all her life, had Luke yelled at her. She stared at him, her mouth hanging open, color leaching off her face in an instant.

"I'm sorry." she whispered starkly, "I'm so sorry."

She turned, running to the door, and bent down, fumbling to wear her heels with trembling fingers, tears coursing thick and hot down her face. She couldn't stop a soft whimper of pain from escaping.

Customer Satisfaction [COMPLETE] On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara