Butting Heads

He strode up to her, and she tensed, slightly unsure of how they were supposed to act with Will standing beside her. Luke didn't seem to have any qualms about the matter, though--his hands slid up to gently bracket her face, his eyes studying her with concern. A storm was gathering in their depths.

"I fell." she said quickly, before he emitted the same litany of questions as Will.

He gave her a quick, thorough study. His voice was low. "Are you alright?"

She nodded, "Perfectly fine. It's all superficial wounds."

He lowered his hands, his chest expanding in a slow, steady, breath. "I'm going to kill him."

Her eyes widened in shock. He turned around, stalking away.

"Wait!" she hurried after him, "Don't go!"

"I'll be back shortly."

"We have more important things to discuss!" she said crossly, "Or have you forgotten the cottage?"

Will was looking between them, confused, "What cottage?"

Luke turned around slowly, taking her in. His fists curled in rage. "No one hurts you, Kate." he said simply, his voice cut with menace, "I'm going to dispatch this guy first."

"What guy?" Will burst.

"It was nothing!" Kate insisted, "I will--I will go to the authorities--get a restraining order--"

"So it was him?"

"It was an accident!" she burst, "We--we exchanged words. I was awful to him and he reacted, but I don't believe he meant to go so far. He was just being stupid."

Luke turned to face her fully, "Why were you awful to him?"

She opened her mouth. Then she hesitated, uncomfortable. "He tried to get too close. I told him we were done. But he didn't hit me! He tackled me--"

His eyes flared, "Why did he tackle you?"

This was getting more horrible by the minute. "I was running."

Luke exhaled, "You were running."

She threw up her hands, then narrowed her eyes at him, "I get that this isn't an ideal situation, but I already plan to get a restraining order for him first thing tomorrow. You don't need to--"

"I'll kill him."

He started to stalk out, Will following him, looking confused but determined. She followed them, alarmed. "Don't be ridiculous! I don't want you two to go to jail for this!" she said angrily. She stopped in her tracks, placing her hands on her hips, and  yelled, "If you two step out of that door, I will never, ever talk to either of you again, do you hear me? Ever."

They stopped dead. Luke shot her a furious look. Will just appeared thoroughly confused by Luke overtaking the revenge.

And then, his face transforming into a look of singular intent, Luke strode to her. She stiffened, preparing herself for his tirade. His eyes were fixed on her with deadly intensity. He was definitely going to roast her. She would have to come back with the most astounding set down designed to keep him from pursuing a career in jail. His eyes were narrowing. She opened her mouth to protest--offense before defense, he wouldn't even know what hit him--

He swooped down, grabbing her in a rough, almost punishing kiss.

"Don't you ever ignore my calls again." he hissed.

She stood with her mouth open like a fish, thunderstruck. He kissed her again.  There was nothing but him and a rough, glorious kiss for a dizzying moment, and then pulled back with a growl.