"It's my first night at your house and I thought I should look after you a little."

"Because of the exact same reason, I should be the one looking after you. Not the other way round."

"Could you just stop being so stubborn for a while?" He said playfully.

"Could you stop being noble?" I asked in return.

"When I have too."

"Same goes for me." I replied.

"Perhaps you didn't pay enough attention to my reply."

"I know very well, what you just said. You are a vampire. I can't change that, you can't change that and I'm not going to penalize you. Can we not leave this to get between us?" I pleaded him.

"You are right, my love." He replied placing a soft kiss on my lips. We didn't talk for a while. I was just sitting there watching him and wishing for this moment to never end. "Your pancakes are ready, my lady." He announced putting a dish full of pancakes on the table.

"Thank you, my love." I said smiling. His eyes lightened. I ate my pancakes with joy. They were the most delicious pancakes I had ever eaten.

"Did you like them?" Elijah asked when I finished my breakfast.

"Has anything left?" I asked chuckling. He laughed. "Give me a minute to get dressed and then we can go for that walk, we were talking about." I said, giving him a quick kiss and disappearing in my room.

I wore something simple and went down where Elijah was waiting me in a different outfit

I wore something simple and went down where Elijah was waiting me in a different outfit. I raised my eyebrow. "I needed to change too." He explained shrugging. "Come on." He said offering me his hand.

I took it and I felt the happiest person in the world. We were wandering around all Mystic Falls. He held me by the hand and we talked about various things. Eventually, we stopped at my favourite ice cream shop and bought chocolate ice cream. Then, we sat at the park, like the previous time.

"God, this is amazing." I murmured while eating. Elijah chuckled. He had already finished his ice cream. "How can you eat so fast?" I asked him.

"Even chocolate ice cream can't be compared with your company. I would rather sit here watching you to doing anything else."

I smiled. "Sometimes Elijah I doubt that you are real. How can somebody be so perfect?" I wondered.

"I'm far beyond perfect, Cassandra. I've done things that I'm not proud of."

"Everyone have done things in their lives that are not proud of. You are not the exception." I stated.

"Yes, but not as horrible as my actions." I put my hand on his cheek and made him look at me.

"I love you Elijah." I said steadily. "I loved the man I saw. And the man I saw was not as horrible as he describes himself. I don't care about what you did in the past. The only thing I care about right now is the future. The future with you."

I could recognize the pain in his eyes. I hated it so much to see him like that. I connected our lips and he immediately responded to the kiss. Desperation. That's what I could sense coming out of him. Love and desperation.

"I love you." He whispered breathless. I put my head on his shoulder and he held me tightly with his arm around my shoulders. "I think we should go. It's cold and I don't want you to get sick. Come on. Besides, I have some stuff to arrange."

"And you are going to leave me alone?" I complained looking him with puppy eyes.

"Don't look at me like that." He said turning around. I blinked my eyes quickly, making my look even more irresistible. "I'll come and find you later. Please don't make this even harder. Even a second away from you, brings me pain." He said kissing my forehead.

"Fine. Just finish your business quickly, ok?" I said surrendering.

"I will." He replied. Without realizing he had grabbed me bridal style and took off running with his vampire speed. In a minute we were at my place.

He left me again stand on my feet, after reassuring that I could do so. "You didn't tell me that your business was that urgent." I commented.

"Forgive me." He replied smiling.

"It's ok." He was about to turn around to leave, but I grabbed his arm and pulled him against me. My lips easily found their way to his and I kissed him like it was the end of the world. We stopped, both of us breathless. A small smile appeared on my face. "That's for the road." I joked. He smiled and placed his one hand on one side of my neck, while leaning again for another kiss. I was more than happy to respond, until I felt a sharp pain on the other side of my neck. I broke the kiss astonished only seeing Elijah pulling out of my neck a needle. "Elijah..." I moaned.

"I'm sorry my love." He said.

Then everything went dark.

Author's Note: Cliffhanger!!!!!! Please don't kill me.... Anyway I hope you liked this chapter and don't forget me to tell me what you think in the comments!!! Love you all!!!