The Heart of Gold - Sneak Peak

• Dedicat a My Awesome Mum and Dad

THE HEART OF GOLD - SNEAK PEAK

Percy

I wasn't aware of anything for a long time.

All I saw was darkness, all I felt was pain, and all I knew was misery.

I remembered my final moments; slicing off Medusa's head, meeting her eyes, the cold feeling as my body hardened into stone.

But if I was dead, why wasn't I in the Underworld. Was there something different about my death that meant I would be stuck in a veil of darkness forever? Was this what Medusa's victims experienced?

Or was it that I wasn't dead at all?

It went on like that for a very long while. Most of the time, I slept.

There wasn't really much for me to do in my stone prison. I couldn't move, I couldn't see, I couldn't hear, smell, eat or do anything. So I slept. And for once, I wasn't plagued by dreams.

I could go to sleep and wake up, not sure if it was days, weeks or even years later. Centuries could've passed for all I knew. And I was still sleeping.

Until one day, I saw something.

It was a light.

It wasn't even a particularly bright light. It glowed fiery orange and flickered like a candle. I took a step towards it and stopped in surprise.

I could walk!

When I held them out in front of me, I discovered that I had hands. I took one little step, and another, and another. I hadn't walked for so long; years, perhaps even centuries. The sensation felt alien.

I looked down and found myself in drawstring shorts, a white t-shirt and bare feet. I realized with a start that they were the same clothes I wore when I visited Ogygia. I never found out what happened to Calypso, and the thought filled me with guilt.

Aside from the wavering light, all around me was darkness, which meant I was still encased in my rock prison. I was dreaming.

It was no normal dream, though. I felt something different, something strange, about this dream. I felt a pair of eyes upon me, not necessarily friendly, but not threatening either.

Percy.

My name rang through the air like a church bell. That was my name, wasn't it? But if someone said it, that meant that someone was here. Someone else was in my dream.

This way.

The voice echoed around the space with no way to tell which direction it came from. The only direction that seemed possible was straight ahead, towards the light that wavered in the distance.

I slowly drew towards it, wary of traps. But in my dream, everything seemed to be safe and secure. The darkness filtered in like smoke, obscuring my feet from view.

Hurry.

Each time the voice spoke, it sounded more and more familiar. It sounded like what an angel would; peaceful, gentle, caring. Maybe my guardian angel was waiting for me.

That source of light was finally visible. It was a candle. It stood on a straight silver stand with no intricate designs whatsoever. It was simply plain.

In here.

A door blinked into existence. I was sure it hadn't been there a second ago, if seconds were still a measure of time in this place. The door was plain, like the candle, and made of oak wood. It's silver handle twinkled in the dim light of the flame.

Epsilon and his Army of Chaos (Watty's 2013) [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara