Chapter 30: This Can NOT Be Happening

Hey, would you look at that. I'm actually still alive! I'm not sure how long after this chapter though. It should be a bit of a longer one because there's heaps happening. There'll be quite a few different POV's. I thought I'd make it bigger and better because it's my last chapter. NOOO!

Anyway, the dedication for this chapter goes to hellotoyo for their comment, "AHH!!! What just happened?! AHH! Anyway, I rarely comment, I don't know why...enough about me, this story is AWESOME! You ROCK! Hopefully you won't need a funeral soon, though. This chapter was great, like all the others, but still...AHHH!!! What just happened?! I am still not believing! AHHH!!!! I think I'm going to have a heart attack. That was CRAY CRAY I mean, poor Leo... AHH!! ...great story! :)" Thanks hellotoyo!

Also, thank you to the wide variety of death threats I received last chapter. Um, it is only a book, guys, no need for violence ... or killing me ... or sending me to the fields of punishment ...

I'd also love to give a shout out to Think_Inspiration because I kinda stole an idea from her without ever realizing it. So this is me acknowledging her, although I'm kinda bad at it. So, yeah. Thanks and sorry, Think_Inspiration.

This is the last chapter; chapter 30. I hope you have enjoyed the book and this chapter ...

Chapter 30: This Can NOT Be Happening - Azelle's POV

Leo fell soundlessly.

I screamed his name until my throat was raw, but I wasn't the only one.

When the fire barrier collapsed and we could get to him, Angel and I were the first one's over the line and bolting towards our fallen friend. As I ran, a bitter taste coated my tongue as my mouth filled with ash.

The monster, who Percy had explained to be the Depair Maker, closed in on Leo who lay sprawled in the grass before her, motionless.

'NO!' Angel screamed, and threw her dagger hard.

It hit the Despair Maker directly in the stomach, embeded all the way to the hilt. She tried to claw it out with no success. With a ear splitting wail, she dissolved into a pile of sand that quickly blew away in the early morning wind.

We all ran to Leo's side. Angel reached him first, but I was close behind.

'No!' Angel sobbed. She shook his lifeless form. 'L-Leo! P-please don't be d-dead! WAKE UP!'

Her lip trembled as she collapsed on top of him, screaming his name repeatedly. Tears casscaded town her cheeks in a waterfall, landing all over the fire user. But he didn't move.

I held his hand. It was as cold as ice and felt almost waxy. His skin was snowy white.

Percy knelt down beside him and took hold of his shoulders, 'Leo! Can you hear me? Leo!'

He grabbed Leo's hand from mine and felt for a pulse.

'L-Leo?' a girl asked behind me. 'As in-'

'Leo Valdez?' Angel finished, her voice cracking. 'Yes, Thalia. That's exactly who it is.'

'But,' Thalia broke off. 'He's supposed to be dead.'

'And so am I,' Angel said bitterly as she reached up and threw her helmet off, letting coal black hair spill past her shoulders.

'Bianca?' Thalia asked in bewilderment. 'But you're-'

'Dead, I know. You don't have to remind me. Epsilon brought back for the army,' Bianca sobbed.