Chapter 21: Happily Ever After ... Or Not

I'm really sorry that I'm not updating as often, but my school work comes first. I would like to keep my A standard, so updates might be a little scarce. I'm super sorry about that, but it can't really be helped.

Ok, the dedication for this chapter goes to Br1dgette00 for their comment, "OH MY FRAKING GODS SO GLAD MY FRIEND TOLD ME TO READ THIS BOOK!!! THIS IS THE BEST PERCY JACKSON ARMY OF CHAOS FANFICTION EVERY WRITTEN ON WATTPAD, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU UPDATE ASAP I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!! PLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLS FANGIRLING SO MUCH NOW!!!!!!!!" Thanks Br1dgette00! Comments like that mean so much to me.

So, this is chapter 21. Enjoy ...

Chapter 21: Happilt Ever After ... Or Not - Leo's POV

(AN: Just a warning; this is three days after the last chapter)

I woke with a splitting headache.

I kept my eyes closed, waiting for the rocking motion that said I was on the Argo II. It never came.

My eyes flashed open. All at once, I took in the rows of bed, the sterile smell, the medical supplies.

I was in the camp infirmary.

'Hey man, glad you made it.'

Travis was sitting on the end of my bed, trying to look casual. But I could see from his eyes that he was really worried.

 I pushed myself into a sitting position, 'You doubted me?'

He laughed, 'Never!'

'Good,' I said, 'Because you should never doubt Flaming Valdez.'

Travis winked, 'I'll keep that in mind.'

The doors of the infirmary were flung open. Clarisse and Luke came marching in, Hazel hot on their heels.

'I'm so sorry, Leo,' she cried, 'I was just happy to see you, and kind of mad.'

I waved it away, 'Don't worry about it. Not as bad as Jason and Piper. They attacked me with questions.'

She gave a watery chuckle, 'I'm still sorry.'

'Leo,' Luke interrupted, 'Are you ok?'

I nodded, 'I'm alright. Just got a headache. How long was I out?'

Clarisse sighed, 'Three days.'

My mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.

'Th-three days?' I finally gasped.

Travis, Luke, Clarisse and Hazel nodded grimly.

'Afraid so,' Travis said, 'The Hunters have returned from their search. Everyone's in the Rec Room, trying to formulate a plan.'

I didn't speak, which was something new for me.

Three days. Three days where Percy and Annabeth had been Destruction's prisoners. Three days where I was unconscious, useless as a rag doll.

I tried to tune in to what the other's conversation.

'-can't get them out in time,' Travis finished.

'I can't see how we can,' Luke agreed.

Hazel balled her fists and a ruby popped up at her feet. She quickly grabbed it and stuffed it in her pocket.

'We can't just leave them there,' she mumbled, 'They'll be killed.'

'That's if they aren't already dead,' Clarisse pointed out miserably.