Chapter 23: Traps of Fire and Ice

Ok, when I asked who's POV's I should do, they mostly said Leo and Percy, so I will do plenty of those. This battle will probably go for few chapters, kind of like the Last Olympian, except that battle went for almost the whole book. I am aiming for 30 chapters, so there's about 7 to go.

Also, in the last chapter, I said they would attack at midday, that didn't really work with my plan, so I had to go and change it to midnight. This a little heads up that the last chapter has been altered to fit.

And, my cover competition is still running. Yay! If you're interested, comment or PM me. I really want an awesome cover, the comp is open to anyone and everyone. If you win, you get a dedication :)

But for now, the dedication for this chapter goes to Love_Your_World for their comment, "@MissMythoMagic O.O What is that suppose to mean? He'll get revealed? How???? How do you people think all of this creativeness! Is there some sort of secret you have?" Thanks Love_Your_World!

Now here's chapter 23 ...

Chapter 23: Traps of Fire and Ice - Leo's POV

I crouched beside Azelle in a fighter's stance, next to the amphitheatre. It was almost midnight.

We'd received word from the patrols that Destruction was almost here. They'd returned describing the enemy army as monstrous, with a total of over five thousand.

The Hephaestus cabin had finished the weapons and armour just in time. Both Azelle and I wore shadowy black armour to blend in with the night. I'd also designed special helmets to cover the majority of our faces. Azelle's long hair was braided and tucked up inside her helmet.

'Remember the plan,' I whispered.

She gave me a weak smile, 'Or course; the plan. Rather hard to forget the plan.'

'Why do you doubt it?' I asked quietly. 'It was your plan.'

'It didn't sound so crazy in my head,' she breathed.

I put my hand on her shoulder, 'This is genius, it will work.'

She smiled gratefully, but her sea green eyes still stood out against the black night, shimmering with fear and doubt.

I flinched when something heavy landed just off to my right.

'Leo? Azelle?'

'Annabeth, over here.'

She found us quickly and silently.

'What's going on?' Azelle murmured.

'They're almost upon us,' she whispered. 'We need to get in position. Are you guys all set?'

'Yeah,' I replied. 'You better go warn Percy and the others.'

She nodded, 'Remember to call him Epsilon in battle. None of the others know who he is.'

'Got it.'

I saluted in her direction, and we watched as her shadowy figure raced to the lake and dived straight in. I hoped Percy could sense her presence in the water and create an air bubble.

Azelle and I crouched lower and moved back into the shadows as a loud cry of, 'forward!' rung throughout the valley.

I held my breath as Azelle closed her eyes and did her telepathic, kid-of-Poseidon thing with Percy. I only hoped she got through.

'Over there!'

The plan had begun. The enemy had spotted Jason. Right about now, they should be following him as he rode the winds down to the lake.