Chapter 19: Azelle

I got the idea for this chapter as I was going to bed one night. Hmm, as the saying goes, "the best ideas come from the strangest places." Or maybe that's just me ...

Ok, so this chapter is dedicated to *drum roll* Jane_Music, for her epic comment, "OMG PEOPLE NOW I HAVE TO WHALE ABOUT THIS ATORY AND HOUSE OF HADES THAT I DON'T KNOW WHEN I WILL BUY BECAUSE THE COUNTRY I LIVE IN IS STUPID Oh by the way I can't chose between The Titan's Curse And The battle of the Labrinth." Thanks so much Jane_Music!

Anyway, this is chapter 19 (you probably knew that already - you're all smart people) and I'm one away from 20. I feel so proud of myself. So, enojoy this chapter which may be a little longer ...

Chapter 19: Azelle - Percy's POV

When I woke up, I felt better.

I'm not sure if was the fact that I didn't have to hide who I was from Annabeth anymore or the fact that I'd had my first nights sleep in over a week.

Not that it wasn't infested with nightmares, because it was was. There was just a twist to this one ...

I was back in the Torture Tomb, watching as Destruction tortured me. The real me stood behind him, staring in horror as I saw myself scream. Then the dream me changed into Annabeth, then my mom, then Luke. The figure started changing into everyone I loved, faster and faster, until all I could see was a blur of mismatched faces.

'Percy Jackson.'

A soft, clear voice rung throughout the room. I twirled around, trying to locate the source of the sound until my eyes fell on a young girl standing behind Destruction. He didn't seem to notice her.

She had waist length, silky black hair braided messily down her back. Her eyes twinkled with a playful intelligence, but I couldn't decide what colour they were. She wore a short, sky blue dress that was torn in places. Her skin was pale as snow and she was barefoot.

'Percy Jackson,' she whispered again. Her voice was soft and sweet, but didn't sound threatening.

I couldn't do anything but stare. Everything about her was enthralling and peaceful.

The edges of the dream began to slowly dissolve. The girl seemed panicked and quickly locked eyes with me.

'Watch and wait,' she warned.

Then the dream faded and I woke up, arm in arm with Annabeth. She was already awake and simply staring up at me.

She smiled when she saw me staring back, 'Morning, Percy.'

I sighed, 'Good morning.'

She chuckled and realized why. There was no way to tell whether or not it was morning in this cell. We had absolutely no sense of time in this place.

We both sat up straight, creaking and groaning. I didn't know if they would bring us food in this new cell, but I hoped so. Even if it was less like food and more like rocks, we needed to eat.

Annabeth frowned at me, 'You like tired. Nightmares?'

I nodded hesitantly, 'Yeah.'

She touched my arm causing a spark of electricity to arc down my spine. She smiled and leaned into me.

'You know that you've got me now,' she mumbled, 'Now I've found you again, I'm never letting go. I caused you to leave, now I need you to come back. You understand that don't you?'

I nodded and she sighed, sitting back up, 'So what was in your nightmares?'

I shivered involuntarily and told her. When I was done, she seemed troubled, like she didn't know what to make of the girl.