chapter thirty-five

"Hannah I'm fine, I'm with Patrick, but I need you to pack a bag for me and you we're going on a little road trip." I was on the phone listening to Hannah rant about how she got worried when she came into my room and I was missing. I guess I had forgotten to tell her I was going out.

"Where are we going?" I could hear rustling in the background and I knew she was already packing a bag.

"We aren't sure yet but we'll be there to pick you up in ten," I said hanging up.

"I called Ryan and Dallon and they're in too," Patrick said.

"What about Pete?" I asked. Patrick looked at me confused.

"You want Pete to come?" he asked surprised.

"Pete might be the only person who could figure out where he is. Plus I missed you fuckers and I just need to do something crazy, even if that something involves someone who was involved in this whole situation," I said honestly. I actually missed Pete, even though he was the one pushing on the bet. I wasn't that mad at him, which was weird because you could imagine me being furious at him for this but I wasn't. I guess that was just my Alexandria showing, always forgiving the wrong people too quickly. "I need to start living again; this past week has been torture." Patrick nodded, that's what I loved about him; he was so understanding and supportive. "I'll call Pete," I said dialing his number quickly.

"Hey Pete," I said. Before I could say anything else Pete started talking really quickly.

"Alex, oh my god, I was so worried. Are you okay? I'm so sorry about all this it's all my fault. I never expected him to actually start liking you. It was so stupid and I'm so sorry. I know you can never forgive me for this and that's okay because I'll never forgive myself but I just miss you and your laughing and your personality. I miss hanging out with you and I just really want us to stay friends and I completely understand if you don't want that. It's just that-" I cut him off.

"Pete I'm not mad," I said laughing.

"You aren't?" he asked shocked. I shook my head 'no' even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"I mean I'm hurt but that's not why I called. I called because I need you to pack a bag, we're all going on a little road trip," I explained.

"Brendon too?" he asked excited.

"That's actually where we're going. Brendon's missing and we're going to find him. Together," I stated.

"I can be ready in twenty," he said.

"We'll be there," I said hanging up. "Pete's in too." Patrick nodded and a small smiled crept on to his face.

"I'm glad you're coming back Alex," he said.

"Me too," I said sighing. "Me too."

We pulled up to Hannah's and she was already outside. She slipped into the backseat and handed me my backpack. Luckily Patrick drove a minivan otherwise we would all be squished into Hannah's tiny car where most of the space was taken up by overdue assignments and McDonald's wrappers. We then drove to Ryan's where Ryan and Dallon were waiting and then we picked up Pete.

"So where exactly are we going?" Dallon asked leaning up to where Patrick and I sat.

"We haven't figured that out yet," I said. I realized that I had no idea where to even start looking. All we had was a note that didn't make sense to any of us.

"We should get a hotel for the night and try to figure this out," Ryan said as he read through the note.

"I agree," Hannah said.

"I know a guy who can get us a hotel for cheap on the outskirts of Vegas!" Pete said proudly. He called up whoever his "guy" was and then gave us the address. We drove for a decent amount of time just listening to music the whole way. No one really said anything, mostly because we all hadn't been together for a week and apparently you can miss a lot when you don't see each other all together for seven whole days.

Eventually we pulled into the parking lot of a rundown motel.

"Pete are you sure this is the right place?" I asked.

"This was the address he gave me," he said shrugging. We all got out grabbing our bags and walked inside. Pete greeted the man at the desk with a "man hug" and he gave us our room key.

As if the outside appearance wasn't enough the room was worse.

"Pete," Dallon said in a disappointed tone.

"It's not that bad," Pete said rolling his eyes.

"There's one bed," Ryan said laughing.

"Okay, I'll take the floor you can have the bed."

"It's a twin size bed; you expect four of us to fit in a twin size bed together?" I asked laughing.

The room was a dump. The bed was poorly made, the carpet near the door has a questionable stain, there wasn't a TV and the light bulb in the lamp on the nightstand was missing.

"Well I'm going to use the bathroom, wish me luck," Hannah said as she walked into the bathroom near the door. As soon as she shut the door she screamed and ran out panting.

"What?" we all asked scared.

"There's no mirror in there!" she said frantically.

"What!?" Dallon said running in to see for himself. "She's right there's no mirror! How am I supposed to do my hair without a mirror?" he asked. He was almost as worked up as Hannah was and I shook my head at them.

"You two really were meant for each other," I said.

"Okay it was either this, a free one night stay," Pete said emphasizing the word free. "Or we could have paid for an over price hotel in Vegas."

"I'm voting for overpriced for tomorrow," Dallon said throwing his hands up. Hannah agreed quickly and hugged Dallon tightly.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter to me but we have a strange note to figure out," I said taking the paper out of my pocket.

"Okay, let's start there," Ryan said.