chapter ten

The day had started and I hadn't ran into Brendon once. Good thing I guess. I had however faced a very angry Maddy.

"I know you took it you bitch," she screamed at me in the middle of the hallway. We were slowly causing a scene and I was glad because it meant everything was going smooth in my plan.

"I literally have no clue what you're talking about!" I screamed back at her. Apparently when I lost my temper it was a bigger deal, Brendon turned around the corner and leaned against a locker smirking.

"Whoa ladies what's going on over here," our principal said walking towards us.

"She fucking started it she stole my phone!" Maddy screamed.

"Maddy, no need to cuss, that's an hour detention," he scolded her. It was my turn now and I was ready because I saw Hannah in the corner of my eye smile.

"She's fucking psycho," I mumbled.

"What was that?" Maddy screamed holding me in a tight grip. I quickly spun out of her grip and gave her a nice slap to the face. Everyone in the hallway froze including Maddy.

"Alexandria I'd like to see you in my office after school," he said glaring at me now.

"No, I can't today I promised my mother I would be home. Plus I have my first tutoring session today, I can't afford to fail math. Please," I begged. I knew he was going to lighten up, I never broke the rules and he cared more about my grades then I actually did.

"Who is your tutor?" he asked making sure I wasn't lying.

"Ryan. Ryan Ross," I said grinning. I looked towards Brendon and suddenly the smirk he had was gone.

"Fine, but I expect you to be in an hour detention on Wednesday," I nodded frantically and turned to my locker. I looked back at Brendon whose fists were now clenched by his side and gave him a nice little smirk. Whatever I was doing it was working.

Lunch finally rolled around and Maddy wasn't sitting so close to Brendon anymore. I avoided eye contact the entire time but that didn't stop the fact that I felt his eyes burning a hole through my skull. I knew I would have to deal with him later but that was a bigger plan.

Ryan got up to dump his tray and he left his phone on the table I texted him quickly and as soon as it delivered I knew Brendon had seen it.

Hey Ryan, just wondering where you wanted to meet after school!

It was a harmless message that was really getting to Brendon. I was winning and he knew it.

Ryan and I walked inside my house after school and I introduced him to my mom.

"Mom this is Ryan he is my new tutor for math. I didn't do well on the last test and just want to make sure I don't fall behind," I lied.

"Nice to meet you Ryan," my mother said. He gave her a wave and I guided him up to my room.

We really did do math. It's not like I was going to fuck with Ryan's head and make him fall in love with me so I could make Brendon jealous. That's too low. But I knew it was getting under his skin that I was hanging out with Ryan and not him. It was obvious.

Once Ryan left I texted Hannah and smiled to myself.

Part two starts on Friday.