chapter nine

I was up and ready an hour early today in hopes of making Brendon's bad boy image break. I knew it would take time but I had a plan in mind and I wasn't going to give up until I won this stupid game. I ran down the steps with my backpack over my shoulder and I tied my shoes.

"Alexandria, why are you up so early?" my mother asked confused.

"Oh ma I'm just heading to school early so I can catch up with one of my assignments," I lied, straight to her face.

"Okay, don't be late today though!" she said as I ran out the door. I pulled out of the driveway quickly and picked up Hannah.

"Are you ready?" she asked overly excited.

"To be honest, I've never been more ready," I said.

"Is that what you told Brendon?" she smirked. I lightly punched her and we made our drive to school.

We arrived in less than ten minutes and were roaming the nearly empty halls.

"So, part one," I said. I pointed over to library where the boy from the party sat reading a book. Hannah nodded and part of me felt a small shock of guilt come over me as I sat down across from the boy. I cleared my throat and he looked up. "Oh, hi. Ryan right?" I said holding out my hand.

"Yeah, Alex right?" he asked.

"Um actually it's Alexandria," I said trying not to be rude. He nodded and went back to his book. "So what are you reading?" I asked. My plan was going a lot smoother in my head.

"Do you need something," he asked. He looked at me with a confused expression.

"Um, no I was just wondering if you could help me out with my math," I said blushing. "I heard you aced your test, well I completely blew it and I really can't afford to have my grade drop in math."

"Sure, but I'm a little busy right now. After school?" he asked. I nodded slightly. I got up to leave and then sat back down quick.

"Um, can I have your number so I can ask you where to meet?" I said shyly. He chuckled and typed his name and number in.

"My locker is in the west wing, 372," he grinned. I nodded and headed back out of the library. I met up with Hanna who was anxiously biting her nails by the water fountains.

"Part one, check." We high fived and then headed off to start another piece of our plan. We headed into the locker room since all the cheerleaders were at practice and wouldn't be back for a solid ten minutes that gave us time. I ran in and started looking through the numbers that labeled the lockers.

"45," I whispered to myself. Maddy had the same lock since 3rd grade and I knew it by heart. Numbers don't leave my head easily. I turned the dial and unlocked it in one swift motion. I dug quickly into her bag and took her phone out. Hannah started to tap on the wall signaling she heard them heading back. We ran out quick and I held up the phone that rested in a sparkly pink case.

This was going a hell of a lot better than expected.