Chapter 23: We're Done

Start from the beginning

"I'm not a kid, I'm sixteen. I don't think I'm a kid, because kids don't witness murders kill, or deaths that happen in front of you. Or the blood that was splattered on to your clothes and they couldn't wash off no matter how hard you tried." He clenches his jaw and looks away, hiding the emotions in his eyes.

"You're right. Now stand in your defense position and take the anger out on me. Be ruthless, don't be soft, be angry, don't be filled with joy. Hit me with everything you got." I demand and he stands in position, putting on his gloves, finally.

I nod and he swings at my face, which I block and aim for his stomach, though he moves back. We circle each other, anticipating on each other's first move. I move in and aim for his head, then on his stomach, both successful. He crouches down but quickly recovers.

I won't go soft, he's going to be by my side, and I don't want him dead. He needs to know that the mafiosos won't go soft on him. They will kill him for even a dollar. Thank goodness I boxed before I joined the mafia.

We circle each other again. He tries to punch me on the face in which I block again and aim at his face, swinging my leg behind his, making him fall. I smirk, but I'm not done yet. I get on top and punch his face, repeatedly. He blocks some moves but he "taps out" and I frown. I stand up giving him a hand, but he doesn't take it.

"In real life, the person you're up against doesn't stop after he knocks you onto the floor, they keep going. I need to show you more." I utter, wiping my forehead with a towel. I throw one to Christian and he catches it with one hand. I walk over to the mini refrigerator and take two waters out, throwing one to him.

My phone rings, so I take it out of my pocket. Giovanni. No thanks, I won't answer. I tuck it into my pocket, then I open my water, taking a drink from it. My phone begins to ring again and Christian points to it.

"I think the person really wants to talk to you." He says sarcastically. I narrow my eyes and groan. I take my phone out of my pocket, handing it to Christian.

"Answer it. Tell him I'm...taking a shower." I hesitate on saying, making Christian arch an eyebrow. He takes the phone and taps on the speaker.

"..hello?" Christian slowly says.

"Who the fuck is this?" Giovanni says angrily and I sigh. Him and that stupid anger.

Christian looks at me with a confused face and I try thinking of something. He presses mute, so I tell him. "Tell him, that you're Christian. Like I said you're going to be by my side, always. You're my ....advisor."

"Hey! I fucking asked who is this? And where's Rose?" Giovanni yells onto the phone, making my blood boil.

"How about you shut the fuck up and leave her alone. She's busy..at the moment. She's in the shower...By the way, this is Christian." He says, hanging up the phone. I stare at him wide eyed, with my mouth open.

"Do you know who that was?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"Giovanni." He responds and I smack my forehead. He's going to fucking kill us.

"Thats Giovanni Morreti." I tell him and he gasps.

"Oh my god. What did I do? What are we going to do? We're so dead. Today is going to be my funeral.." he rambles on, pacing back and forth.

"Chill. He won't do anything, we'll yell at me, but I won't hear it." I shrug, walking back upstairs, with Christian  trailing me.

"Are you crazy hes-"

"Shhh.. the family doesn't know anything about this, wait till we get in the room." I whisper loudly.

We get to Christian's room and I shut the door, making sure no one gets in. "Isn't your family neutral with the Morretis. This is crazy. You know he's deadly? You need to stop." He says horrified and I sit him down.

"Don't worry about it." I smile, "There's something that we're trying to figure out but I can't tell you till I trust you. And it's your job to show me that I can trust you." He frowns, but nods, agreeing with what I have said.

"Alright. You know I have to introduce you to the family?" I profess and he slams his head on the bed repeatedly. "Fine, I'll do it whenever you prove yourself to me." I giggle and stand from the bed. "Alright I'm going to sleep. Call me if you need anything...dont really call me." I say with seriousness and head towards the door.

"But it's barely eight." He states and I shrug.

"So..."

"Uhh...nevermind." He says and I  wave to him.

"Go with the guys downstairs, they're playing video games or whatever." I say and leave to my room. My phone rings again, making me irritated.

"Hello." I mumble, while taking off my shoes.

"Rose?"

"You mean lana?" I correct and lay down on my comfy bed.

"Well by the things you wear, you remind me of a rose, both pretty but with thorns that hurt you. Though a jungle of thorns couldn't stop me from getting to you.... Can we talk?" He huffs.

"You're talking." I deadpan.

"You're so difficult." He mumbles. "Can we talk face to face?"

"No, I don't need to waste my time, with idi-"

"I know, I know. Idiots. Got it." He interrupts.

"Giovanni just leave it alone. She can't do anything without evidence, so don't be obvious and clueless. Leave me out of it. We're done with this." I say sternly, ending the call, with a press of a button. I block him from my contacts and sigh heavily.

At least the family will never know that I was talking to one of the Morreti's. That was just an entertaining temporary moment, I guess.

Christian was right, he's dangerous, I can't be by him, without him snapping. Maybe Christian was a use for me.

Let's hope that I didn't trigger Giovanni though.

~~~~~

A/N: Hey lovelies, how are you all? I hope that you all are fjne and are doing great, not doing Crack in a corner. Not throwing shade. XD

But seriously if you are, please ask your self is that moment as important as your life. :/

Have an amazing day!!! Love you all. And I know who votes, and comments, so thank you!!

Do you like the book so far or it needs more improving and/or needs to be more interesting?

I hope you all like Christian, because he will be showed more in the book frequently!!