Chapter 35: You never Came back for us...

===========Jay’s POV===========

Tom had to ask Kim to lay off with the flirts and kisses, but he didn’t want to say it himself. Something about reputation, yeah right, I knew Tom just didn’t want to tell her. So I went up in one of the more private cubbies to tell her. She was grinning and smirking at me in ways I wasn’t sure I liked.

“Look,” she said pointing to Nathan and Arria. I knew Nath still had a crush on Arria, I knew it somewhere deep down and seeing them act like how they were didn’t help make me feel better.

“This isn’t about them,” I say,

“What then? It’s about us Jay because I want to talk about us,” she said moving forward. I sighed, How on earth had Tom make me do this, I think.

“No, It’s about you and Tom,” I say. She cut me off before I could continue.

“It’s nothing Jay, just a warm up,” she said. I felt sick in the stomach,

“What do you mean…” She launched forward and started kissing me passionately on the lips, her hands running through my hair. I was so shocked I just froze, but seconds later I pushed her away. “Don’t you ever do that again!” I say angrily just about to get out when she pointed out the curtains to where Arria and Nathan were laughing together. I could only watch while Arria whispered in his ear and giggled. He pulled away looking shocked before saying something that looked like ‘really!’ He then burst out laughing,

“So don’t you understand now?” she said in a seductive low voice, “Why I think you’re better off without her,” she continued leaning in close and let out a little moan close to my ear. I growled and pushed it away before storming out of the bus in search of Tom. He’d have to sort this out himself; no way in hell was I going to put Arria through a second psychopathic girl twice.

=======Nathan’s POV =========

Jay jumped down from the cubby and stormed out of the bus. Arria looked back and frowned, I knew I should have let her go talk to him, but I wanted to her for just a moment more.

“Come on, why don’t you sing?” I ask and she turned back to me looking sad.

“I just don’t sing Nath,” she said and pushed her hair out of her face in a fluid motion.

“Come on! I know you do, and I bet you’re really good,” I insist.

“I stopped singing when my dad went away,” she said sternly before almost breaking into tears.

“Hey, I’m sorry,” I say pulling her into a hug. She smiled and shrugged it off.

“It’s okay, just a bad past,” she said before standing and going into her room and closing the door. I hope she isn’t crying, I think feeling bad for making her mood shift so swiftly. Maybe I should tell Jay?

========Arria’s POV =====

I closed the door to the room and looked out the window, I’d shot gunned the bed with the best view. The perks of being first in.

“I have to talk to you,” said Kim, she looked up from the bottom bunk were she sat. I jumped,

“Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t see you there,” I say putting on a happy face. She rolled her eyes and stood up. Okay, what’s her problem, I think. Kim had been really nice and she seemed into Tom, she’d made him really happy and all. I was confused by how she acted now though.

“You’re not going to tell anyone about our little conversation alright,” she said threateningly. I frowned,

“Maybe I will,” I say angrily. She laughed and shook her head,