Chapter 7: Pool Party

A Longish chapter!

.

Much to my disappointment and unfortunate reality I realised that I had lost my one piece top and was left with a bikini top and some short-short board shorts. I put it on, the dark night blue a shade darker than electric Bikini top and the green and white shorts. Somehow no matter how many people tell you that you looked good in it, or the colour suited your hair, or that it was flattering, I never felt quite comfortable walking around in a bikini. I wasn’t the one to go flashing skin. Just then the radio started outside, ‘Shine a Light’ by McFly and Taio Cruz started to play loudly at the chorus. I smiled and all feeling of uncomfortableness vanished without a second contemplation. I didn’t give my mind time to wonder or consider again as I stepped out onto the snow covered deck, now dark with nightfall with a yellow towel. The snow numbed my toes quickly with a throbbing cold and the wind the sailed through the boards was just as chilling. I stopped to feel the goose bumps on my arms before walking over the music studio and to the other side of the deck. Nathan, Tom and Siva where sitting facing me in the spa that could fit six by four. Nathan looked over from Tom to me, meeting my eye for a moment before Max let off a wolf whistle. I turned to see him muddling with a camera on a bench.

“Aye, Aye Max!” Nathan said in protest, frowning, “That’s no way to treat a lady,” he continued but Max just laughed.

“She doesn’t mind, do you?” Max said and his hands pulled away from the camera and I blushed, deciding not to answer that and instead focused on not slipping on the ice and snow.

“It’s freezing,” I say letting go of the railing and taking four steps towards the Spa before my left foot slipped underneath me. I froze and lifted my arms quickly like an aeroplane for balance. “Wooh,” I say quietly and then took another step forward, placing my hands on the spa’s frame so that I wouldn’t slip again. “Good thing the deck lights are on,” I say flashing a glance at Nathan who smirked and shook his head. I set my hip on the edge and flicked my legs up until it hit the water. I squirmed and sunk into the water, turning to my left to see who I was sitting next to. Siva, he flashed a smile and I returned it before saying,

“It feels like you’re melting if you roll in the snow before jumping in.” he laughed and I nodded, lifting my eyebrows. “True, give it a go.” He shook his head.

“I think I’ll pass,” he said with his soft Irish accent. I poked out my tongue and then sunk down to the lobes of my ears hit the water and folded my arms around my stomach.

“So what did guys use to do at sleepovers?” I say after a moment and Jay spat out his beer on Tom’s face. Tom pulled a face and wiped it off.

“Nice one mate,” Tom said and Jay gave a quick apology. Max jumped into the spa with his drink, slipping in next to me and turned asking,

“Why do you want to know what guys did at sleepovers?” his eyebrow slightly raised in amusement.

“Because I’ve always felt that whenever I asked that question the guy always lied or he avoided it, for a reason I’m quite sure I don’t really want to know, but I’m curious,” I say and he turned to Jay who was still laughing. “That and it’s a better conversation starter than do you like trees?”

“I like trees,” Nathan said lifting his hand out of the water.

“You’re a good boy aren’t you?” Tom said pulling at his ear and making a face. Nathan nodded. I opened my mouth to speak but Tom stopped me, “Just wait! Jay’s taking another sip and I don’t want to wear this one.” I laughed and Jay turned a slight pink. The Script came on with one of their singles “Breakeven’. I smiled,