Chapter 23: Skyping Jay

I flopped onto the bed and made sure Skype was online. Then I got an orange juice and had a shower, washing my hair and scrubbing myself till I felt the dirt break away from my skin. “Mud,” I mumbled and threw on a loose t-shirt and some underwear. Here it was too hot for baggy pants and jumpers, or at least in the hotel we were staying at. I’d made a note and a request to stay the night on the island with some of the crew instead of flying out to stay at this hot hotel, even though it was really, really flash. I thought it’d be interesting to watch the stars under the campfire they’d made and count the stars.

For a moment I sat back and listened to a gentle Lifehouse song, ‘You and Me’. My phone buzzed and I looked down at the thing before reading the text,

Hay mate! Wondering if someday you could do a radio interview for the show?? Hope all is well, remember to give Shia my number ;) Love ya, Maggs. XoXo'

I smiled and replied,

‘Sure thing, maybe tomorrow? I’m free then.’

Time difference would mean I’d  wouldnt have to stay up.

Suddenly the Skype erupted into life and my head swarmed for a split second before I could answer. I quickly lie down and put a pillow in front of my chest before I clicked answer. The screen went from being black to show a picture of a blurry eyed Jay.

“Hay!” he said rubbing his eyes and leant his head back against the white pillow where he slept.

“Hay,” I reply smiling suddenly full of energy, “Crusty-Eye-Syndrome?” I joke, he chuckled before saying,

“Caught me!...” he paused and looked at the screen, I could tell he was looking at the picture of me as I store at his. He’d forgotten to shave, or he’d woken too early to care, but either way I didn’t mind. I liked the rough look that came with the maturity of it.

“How was your week?” I ask resting my head against the pillow.

“Good, we’ve done a lot of school performances,” he said running his hands through his hair. I smiled and watched his small movements that made him complete. “You won’t believe how loud some of those girls can scream,” he said shaking his head. I laughed and held the pillow a little tighter. There was a silence again, not awkward, but it was a silence that tainted the air with something even though the miles between us were many. “I’ve missed you though,” he said.

“I’ve missed you too Jay,” I say back. There was a loud commotion from outside his door and I heard Nathan and Tom walk into the room.

“…WANTED WEDNESDAY!!!! JAY!!” The shouted and I smirked and blew a lock of hair out of my face. He clicked something on his screen and then shifted slightly.

“Who’s Jay talking to ha?” Tom asked snooping around and grabbed the computer, Jay must have closed the viewing screen because Tom didn’t realise at first.

“Tom! Stop it!” Jay said sounding tired and frustrated. I quickly turned off the video feed from my view and put on an American, New York accent.

“Nicky Fillip from Tumberla Productions,” I say smirking as Tom looked to the screen confused. I quickly pushed a button on the keypad that allowed me to film the footage feed on the screen and smirked as Tom kept pulling faces.

“Why are you talking to Jay? Why can’t I see…”

“Try pushing this button,” Nathan said filming the computer and Tom fuddled for some type of button.

“Tom give me back the computer,” Jay said and Tom moved so I could see Jay sitting up with the sheets hiding his lower half, but his chest was bare and his hair pulled in tuffs of unusual directions. I contained a small, stifle laugh.

“If you can’t see then you should know Jay’s talking to you in his bed…” Tom said pulling a creepy face at Jay, what he didn’t know was I was recording, “And with his only underwear on…” Tom finished. Jay groaned and ran his hands over his eyes.

“I have to go get some sleep,” I say with a yawn. “Maybe we’ll talk later,” I continue and Nathan made a shocked face, opening his gob wide. “After all, I do believe the footage of Tom Parker looking constipated is enough to fill the blog for now. See you soon Jay, bye,” I say and hung up quickly before Tom could recoil. I smirked and sent Jay the footage, ignoring the call I got from them on Skype. With the film sent and a smirk on my face I dozed off to a slumber.