Chapter 19: The Black and Red Corridor

I opened the door and threw off the hoodie and threw it back in the car as Brad and Carly came out from the same door. The paparazzi turned around and their camera started to flash. I smiled and waved before Chelsea came from around the car to us,

“Who are these people?”

“Are you here for The Wanted?”

“Is it true you’re dating Shia!”

“Are you two a couple?!”

“Arianna over here can I have a shot of all of you?!” Their voices came like a throbbing pain and I simply waved and took the lead in walking into the club.

Almost like a sea break we merged from the flashes of white to the pulsing music and dance floor junkies. Because the girls and Brad with me we could walk straight past the large men in black suites and straight into the club. Someone walked up to us and offered us the VIP passes, I took hold of them and asked the lady,

“Have The Wanted played yet?”

“Yes, they just got off the stage when you came,” she said over the loud throb of music. “They asked to meet you in the VIP area,” she concluded. I nodded and turned to look at the two girls who were over the moon and their fellow companion was left to take photos of them on her phone.

“Can you show us where?” I ask and she nodded and motioned for me to follow her. “Guys come!” I say and they rushed forward, the two girls ecstatic about meeting the guys.  Brad just walked, looking around the fashionable club, two girls walked past and winked at him before continuing on their way.

The lady took us through a door and led us up red and black stairs lit by vintage looking lamps that clung to the wall with brass fingers. When we emerged from the stairs we were standing above the crowd in a room filled with private concealing boofs of red and black leather. A table at each, I took note of some the people within. No one stood out really, older men with bodyguards and young women on their laps.

Coincidentally the first thought that came to my mind was Mafia and drug dealers. It wouldn’t surprise me, a dull smell of incense swam around the room and danced past us like shadows as we walked through it and the lights from the dance floor reached here every now and then casting darker shadows across the wall. I felt my heart pace quicken. My blood rushed and I felt a certain thrill pump through my veins.

We passed another boof and a man pointed, he had a sharp nose and pale skin that hid behind the flash black tuxedo he wore. I kept walking and almost yelped when the lady stopped abruptly. She motioned to the boof that was overlooking the dance floor and bar. Instantly it seemed that the club lightened because I heard him laugh his unbelievably goofy, loud and sweet laugh.

“ARRY!” Shouted Max loudly and motioned for me to come closer. I thanked the lady and she disappeared in the grey air.

“MAX!” I shout back laughing. “Guys this is Carly and Chelsea,” I say motioning to the two girls who smiled and shifted nervously, or excitedly. Chelsea let out a little whimper when they smiled and waved for her to sit down. “And this is Brad,” I say swinging around to find him behind my right shoulder.

“Nice to meet you guys,” Nathan said as Chelsea slid in next to him. She grinned with unbelievable happiness.

“We’re massive fans!” she said containing a squeak.

“I can tell,” Nathan said pointing to her shirt. She blushed and nodded. I took my eyes off them to see Jay sitting at the edge; he moved over and pushed Tom further over. I took a seat next to him and Brad slid in next to me. Carly took a seat next to Chelsea who was almost hyperventilating again. Oh god! What they must think of me, I think to myself but smiled. At least they’d really remember tonight.

“Miss me?” I say to Jay smiling.

“Nha, not at all,” he joked and I pushed him.

“Um if you don’t mind!” Tom said from the edge. “There’s glass and all here, but it’s still glass,” he continued motioning to the edge where he sat. Siva laughed and I saw him look to Jay and I. I made a mental note to get to know Siva better.

“What took you so long? And err, why have you got writing all down your arm?” Nathan asked pointing to my arm. I motioned to the two girls, Chelsea let out a big grin looking really sheepishly.

“I said her hand, but she insisted on her arm,” Carly said flicking her hair back and I saw her catch Tom’s eye.

“People to follow on Twitter,” I say to Nathan who grinned giving me a thumbs up. “So what is the next place you’re playing at?”

“We’re done for the night,” Max said opening his arms and took a large gulp from the drink he had in front of him. “We’re here to party now.” I laughed and moved a little closer to Jay when I felt Brad’s hand fall past my leg.

After that we talked for a little longer about everything and anything. Carly and Chelsea talked to the guys a lot about their work, favourite music and so forth. Carly pulled out her pen and got the guys to follow her, though she wrote it on a napkin this time. After a while the smell had gotten to me,

“I’m going to get a drink do you want to come?” I ask Jay and he nodded. I looked to Siva who was smiling, after a moment I saw his gaze fall to Carly. They’d be cute, I think as Brad and her got up for us. I felt his hand slip past my thigh, trailing along the bare skin. I tried not to take any notice and kept walking, only turning when I felt far enough away. Jay was frowning, he must have seen.

“What was that?” he asked when we were out of ear shot.

“His hand must have slipped,” I say protectively, personally I wanted to talk about us not Brad who I met a matter of hours ago.

“He likes you, you know that,” Jay continued sounding jealous as we walked down the stairs. I sighed and we turned the corner, there was another turn before we could see the bouncing club and feel the throb of the music drop.

I took hold of his hand and stopped him. It was just Jay and I in a black and red corridor, bare and plain… no one watching.

“What a shame I have my eyes on someone else,” I say and watched as his eyes caught the drift. He leant in slowly, putting a hand to my shoulder and then let it trail its way up my neck. Our faces was inches away from what I had pictured in my head a thousand times over, I could smell his breath. Minty with a hint of alcohol. Lifting my hand I touched the back of his hair, running my fingers through his golden brown curls and looked up from the floor to his intense, warm blue eyes. I felt my breath fail me and some magic spell fall over me. My heart quickened. His hand cupped my check and the other brings me closer to him.