Chapter 2: Ironic Timing

“Ironic timing, I was just listening to your first single, All Time Low,” I say quickly standing and walking over. I could just feel the anger of Ricky as he put his headphones down and walked out of the box. “Arria Destry,” I say smiling and shook the lady’s hand first. I knew her as well, Jayne Collins. She was The Wanted’s manager. She shook my hand and smiled, looking past my shoulder to most likely Tim and Ricky standing like angry teens who had their sleepover disturbed by their embarrassing mothers.

“We are booked into here from 10:00 till midnight,” she said attentively, though she looked tired. I guess travelling with boys like The Wanted really was like babysitting grown men with twice the amount of trouble.

Before I could open my mouth to speak Ricky had busted past and started, “We’re booked here for a week, maybe you got the wrong day?” I frowned as I looked up at him.

“We were told today, we just checked it with the receptionist,” Tom said quickly.

“Well looks like you got it wrong,” Ricky said, “How about you rebook it for later and come back then.”

“Ricky,” I said loudly, but Tim stood forward,

“Ricky’s right Arria. We need this album done within a week.” I didn’t dare meet Jay’s eyes again, but when I looked up at Nathan he looked really pissed off.

“We need our album done as well!” he said looking over Jayne, “And we paid for this, so I’d move.”

“I’m more famous, so no,” Ricky said smiling and placing a hand on my shoulder.

“You’re not more famous!” Nathan started and I sighed, stepping in.

“I know the guy who owns this, I’ll just ask for another room, come,” I say pushing Ricky’s hand off my shoulder.

“Arria you need to stay here,” Ricky said quickly grabbing hold of my shoulder.

“No I don’t! Anyway, I need some air,” I say walking through the door quickly. The Wanted followed quickly after as well, when I closed the door I could almost feel the tantrum he was throwing. “Sorry about them,” I say giving them an apologetic smile, daring a look at Jay. I felt the same rush, though I forced it to die down, pushing it down until it was at the pit of my stomach. “He’s a little over dramatic when he’s tired.”

“It’s okay,” said Jayne quickly and I saw her flash a look at the guys. I noticed it was directed strongly towards Max, probably because he was holding back some comment about Ricky. I bit my bottom lip and walked down the corridor, turning left to where the reception was. A small girl named Rairo was sitting behind the counter typing furiously, barely registering us. It took her a moment before she said,

“Just one moment.” It passed and she stopped typing, clicked a button and smiled to herself. “What can I help you with?” she asked looking up at me.

“Hey, um. I’m Arria, I’m in room Diva2 and it seems somehow we got a mix up with it because The Wanted here got told they were in the same room, but Ricky’s booked it for a week.”

She looked at me for a moment and then to the boys who were talking to each-other, one had a flip cam in hand and was filming us. “Are you suggesting I got it wrong?” she said abruptly.

“No, I was just wondering if you could double check,” I say smiling. She sighed and rubbed the back of her neck before typing into the computer again, a second later clicking on something and then scanned the screen with her brown eyes. She had chocolate coloured skin and a short pixie cut that sprayed over her eyes every now-and-then.

“Ricky Mormont is booked in for the week in room Diva2, but the other three rooms are booked out completely for the next…” she paused to look at her screen, “five weeks. I’m sorry.” She turned back to her screen.