Chapter 38:

Aria’s POV.

“Morning Seev,” I say grinning. He turned around looking shocked and I frowned, “what’s wrong!” I say moving forward.

“Arria I don’t think you should…” he said putting his hands on my shoulders and pushed me backwards. He stopped after a moment and looked down at me. “That’s Jay’s top,” he said loudly. I heard something crash downstairs and flinched. It sounded like someone threw something against the wall.

“Yeah? What about it?” I ask blushing.

“So she is fucking hi…” The high pitched American voice stopped abruptly.

“Get out!” I heard Nathan say.

“But my stuff…” came the voice again. A moment later a tall brunet girl started to jog up the stairs wearing one of Tom’s t-shirts. “I know about your dad Arria,” she said grinning at me. Instantly I felt sick to the gut.

“I think you should leave now!” Siva said strongly to the girl and I felt him move his thumb to my check where a tear sat. Nothing ever dies if you can remember it, came my mums voice. It was followed by a hurtle of curses and shouts, the strong smell of alcohol and cigarettes. A pair of arms went around me and I had a flash back of my brother telling me everything was going to be okay.

“But you left… you gave in,” I find myself telling him as we stood at the edge of the rails. He stood thinking for a moment before looking at the blue sunny sky. Nothing ever dies if you can remember it… Then that sound… Then that flash of colour… Then that end…

Siva’s POV.

She started sobbing and shaking the moment I put my arms around her. “But you left… you gave in,” she said shaking her head. I took hold of her hand and she latched on tightly until I felt it go numb. The girl Tom must have slept with last night grinned before walking past us back down to the front door.

“Mightn’t want to talk to her about it, she’s very sensitive when it comes to family,” she said in her high pitched American accent. I growled and Arria shook her head, “No! Dillon!” she said and let her legs go under her.

“Guys! Something’s wrong with Arria!” I shout and moments later Jay was over my shoulder in nothing but his boxes. I gently laid her down on the ground as she curled up in a ball and shook back and forth.

“Arria! Arria!” Jay said putting a hand to her face. She shook more violently.

“Someone call the ambulance!” I shout and Nathan’s voice spoke moments later telling them the address. Everything was really frantic, Jay wouldn’t leave her alone and you couldn’t get him to take his hands off her as he fretted. Nathan had gone pale and his eyes wide, Max came rushing out and looked up to Tom who stood at the edge of the scene. He looked like a ghost as he watched her… helpless.

...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aria’s POV<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

White. Just white and black. Suddenly it seemed that voices started to speak to me frantically, like if any moment I might just fail to respond. Slowly I came to realise that there was other colours as well, stuff like a blood red. Quite fitting considering that now, as I got my surroundings right, it was an ambulance. I wondered how many people had let life slip them away on this bed.

“I’m fine!” I say to hush the buzzing noises and voices around me.

“Stay down miss,” said a lady and she put a hand to my shoulder. I sighed and let myself fall back onto the bed.