Part 33: Rogues

Lycan went to answer the door.

We could hear his conversation from the living room.

"Is this Alpha Louis's house?" one man asked from outside.

Alpha was a werewolf term, they must be werewolves!

"Louis isn't here at the moment, whatever you have to say to him can go through me. Also, why would you use the term Alpha? It's not like you're werewolves or something," Lycan said through gritted teeth.

"Don't be so sure," the other snarled.

"We could smell your scent from a mile away, we know you're a werewolf and we know that someone lives here is an alpha or beta," the other man at the door growled.

"Look, I don't know what you're talking about. My dad Louis is at a friend's house for the night, and humans from the living room can hear you and me," Lycan's tone was strict.

I got up and walked over to them.

"Hey Lycan, who's at the door?" I asked.

One of the men growled," human."

Lycan growled back at them.

"Who are they?" I asked Lycan.

"None of your business," the other man snapped at me, just as Lycan opened his mouth to speak.

"Rogues," Lycan answered. "Stay back."
I took one step back.

Lycan turned to the rogues," look, I don't know what you want with my dad, but he won't hesitate to put you two in your place if you decide to bother us or anyone around here. So I suggest you leave before he gets back, or I'll just tell him you were bothering us and he will kick you both out to the woods, or maybe I'll say you were hurting us, then he will have your little werewolf heads. Do you understand?"

I knew that even if Lycan was a nice guy, he would put these rogues in their place if he needed to, and even kill a rogue or two if it meant saving his friends.

The rogues laughed, but still had a glint of fear in their eyes.

"What do you want with Alpha Louis?" Lycan asked,"why are you even here?"

The rogue on the right sighed and said," alpha Louis has always been a harsh one. But I never imagined him kicking you out of the pack."

Wait, Lycan got kicked out of the pack. Is that why he has to live among humans?

"Go back to the living room, Grey." he told me,"I'll explain later."

I nodded, then went to the living room.

Grimm and Isaac were listening to something on their phones with headphones, so luckily they probably didn't hear the conversation.

I sat on the couch, pretending to watch the tv, while actually listening to their convo at the door.

"He didn't kick -that's none of your business!" Lycan said in a quieted voice.

"Then where is your pack? They surely would not have an alpha who does not live in the territory."

"I don't need to explain anything to you," Lycan said in a deep, scarier voice.

Just then, a car drove into their driveway.

"Hey dad!" I heard Lycan call.

I got up and went to the door again.

"These rogues messing with ya?" Lycan's dad asked.

The rogues tried to act confident, but were scared nonetheless.

"Yep," Lycan said.

"I'll take care of them," Alpha Louis said before shutting the door, leaving us inside and him outside.

"I mind-linked my dad that we were having rogue troubles," Lycan said.

"Oh ok, but what about the stuff about you being kicked out of the pack, is that true?" I asked.

Lycan sighed, Ill tell you everything once the other humans in the living room are gone. I nodded.

We went back to the living room, joining Grimm and Isaac again to watch another movie.