Part 30: Liza's changed

Liza and I met eyes met. For a moment her eyes and face had a flash of innocent recognition. Like she gasped very silently, with her mouth open in a small o, but also like she had the word "oh" run quickly through her mind just then.

Liza used to be my friend, one of closest, possibly my best.

She left for the same reason everyone else, my werewolf obsession. Maybe my friends were fine with it, and just the popular kids thought it was weird, so if anyone hung out with me they would be considered weird too.

I'll tell you the story(A/n if you don't wanna read the full story then Ill put a summary here, since I usually don't read all of the dreams and flashbacks that other authors use because I don't like them. Summary: in 9th grade the 1st day of high school Liza and Grey sit together at lunch and eventually become friends, but in sophomore year these "popular" girls and guys found out about Grey's obsession because she had been more open about it in sophomore year, where in the rest of her life she kept it a secret only telling her family and possibly her closest friends, but she never told Liza cuz she thought it might ruin their friendship. So Liza is losing her friends because she's friends with the weirdo Grey, and she soon sees reality and sees that if she doesn't stop being friends with Grey then soon Grey will be her only friend and she might end up with no social life. So Liza tells Grey the situation and ends their friendship. They rarely talked after that, and Grey ended up having either very few not-close friends, or none at all. Wow that was long I should just use that lol.)

Liza and I became friends in 9th grade the first day at lunch.

"Hey, can I sit here?" Liza asked me.

I pulled out my headphones. "I guess," I shrugged.

She gleefully sat down and started eating. I put my earphones back in.

A few minutes later I realized it was rude to not even talk to someone and just listen to music when sitting next to someone, so I offered her one of my headphones so I could invite her into the magic of dubstep.

We immediately bonded over the strong bass and became friends within a couple weeks. I didn't have many friends at the time, so I was grateful to have her.

One time in 10th grade these popular people came up to me and Liza at lunch and said," why are you hanging our with this weirdo?" one girl asked Liza. "She's not weird!" Liza defended."Oh, you haven't heard of her werewolf obsession?! She's had it since like 6 grade. I know because she told May then May told Cole then Cole told me," she explained."Yeah, that doesn't make me weird," I defended. "Whatever," she says, flipping her hair," you know, Liza hanging out with a weirdo makes you a weirdo too," she sneered.

The next day I sat alone. Liza was with the popular group. And we haven't talked much since then.

Her and a group of 7 girls behind her walked to the couch. She was still with the popular girls.

They all dressed up for the party. Liza was wearing a red short dress, with a lace flower design at the shoulder and top of her back. Her curly brown hair was tied into a messy bun, and she had lace-up red high heels.

She looked beautiful, unlike me who had just ran through rain and was wearing a jean jacket with jean shorts and a grey t-shirt that says "awkwardness" on it, like literally it says that in red letters in all caps.

Her friends all had dresses or skirts on. Their hair looked so pretty.

I walked toward the door that I guessed was to the kitchen when a girl suddenly stood in my way.

Before I spoke she says,"look at this pig, she looks like her date didn't even bring an umbrella, oh wait-she probably doesn't even have a date."

She was one of the girls in Liza's group.

"Just leave her alone," Liza mumbled to the girl who was insulting me.

"Didn't know you were still friends with this dork," she snarled.

"I-I'm not," Liza said in a small voice,"it's just wrong to do this."

"Liza, I-I," I stuttered, I wasn't sure what to say.

"you guys look great," I complimented them.

Liza smiled while the other girl said," we know. Come on Liza let's go get some snacks."

Then they were out of sight.

I sat on the couch for a while.

I can't believe I have  the guts to even stay here. Liza and I hadn't been friends for so long, yet I'm at her house.

I went to the kitchen to get some juice.

"I hope you're enjoying yourself," I heard a voice.

It was Liza.

She seemed to feel akward as well. I just nodded.

"There's crackers and fruit snacks in the pantry," she told me, then went to the pantry, pulled two bags of fruit snacks out, then tossed me one. I caught it with one hand, the other one holding my juice.

Just then the other girl showed up.

"Ugh your still talking to that werewolf freak!" she sounded annoyed.

"Look Amanda, she's my friend now, and if you want to make fun of her, leave me out of it!" Liza shouted at Amanda.

Amanda looked taken back.

Wow Liza stood up for me, after months we were finally friends again.

"Who needs you?" Amanda said coldly to Liza, then flipped her hair as she turned around and walked away.

"I'm so sorry about her," Liza said.

"Does this mean we're friends?" I asked her.

"If you want," she said.

I instantly hugged her.

I haven't had a real friend in so long!

"Let's go upstairs, I have to show you my room!"

I nodded and followed her upstairs, dodging the many loud people.

"You first," she gestured.

Now, I know I maybe should have expected this, but I couldn't help but be shocked when I pushed the door open, tripped on a string taped across her door and landed flat on my face, all while a green slime was spilling on top of my head.

I caught a glimpse of Amanda and the other girls from Liza's group in the room laughing at me, but what caught me by surprise was that I heard Liza laughing too.