Part 17: Melting DNA Samples

We got back in his house.

"Ok, let's start mixing up some DNA!" he shouted.
"You still have the strand of my hair?"
"Yep, kept in a bag so I wouldn't have to touch it," he joked.
"Whatever just get it," I sighed.
He pulled it out of a drawer in his kitchen island.
I set the bat hair on the table.
"Dude, are you trying to poison me?!?" he shouted at me.
"What are you taking about?"
He held up the bat hair.
"People cook food on that table, and I happen to eat that food. So if you don't mind would you wipe down the bat germs so they don't END UP IN MY STOMACH!" he yelled at me.

And I thought girls were dramatic.

"Fine, it's just a little hair."
"Um, from an animal that no one knows where it's been!"
"What, I don't know where you have been but I'm still doing a science project with you!" I took the piece of bat hair from his fingers and rubbed it all over the table, then his face.

"You jerk!" he yelled at me. He took the hair from my fingers and did the same thing to me.

I rubbed my face with my hand and then rubbed my hand all over his hair, therefore giving his hair the bat germs.

"Ugh!" he shouted. Then started walking towards the stairs.
"Where do you think you are going!?" I yelled at him.
"In the shower to rinse off the bat germs from my hair and face!" he yelled back.
"What do I do in the meantime?!"
" I dunno read a werewolf story!"

I know that was suppose to be insulting, but I did it anyways.

Once he was done we kept working on our project.

"So, how are we going to mix these up?" I asked.
"Melting!" he had an evil smile on his face. "With what your microwave?"
"Yeah," he said.

I shrugged, "ok."

We melted both the bat hair and the strand of my hair together in a bowl. When it was done we mixed the liquids up more with a spoon. (A/N I honestly dk if this works or not I only got an A- in science)

"You know I would pour this on you if I didn't need it to pass science," he laughed.
I laughed too.
"Wait, your failing science?!"

"No, I'm just getting a C," he looked down."Science is hard you know, with all the elements and stuff, it's my worst subject," he explained.

Science was a breeze for me currently, but I didn't say anything. Hey maybe I could tutor him!

"Hey, I just had an idea!"
His eyes lit up.
"What?" he asked.
"What if I tutor you!"
"Are you any good at science?!"
"I'm getting an A+ in the subject so I think I'm good at it."

"That's a great idea!" he exclaimed, "my first lesson should be on Monday after school!"

"Sure," I agreed.

"I should leave now."
"Why?" he asked.
"Cuz I'm getting bored and the sight of my melted DNA mixed with a bat's isn't very nice, but I'll see you Monday."

"Ok."

I started to leave, but I decided to go through the front door instead of back door, which was the way we came in.

I had to go through the living room to get to the front door. There I saw the biggest tv I have ever seen! I stared at it for like 5 minutes I think. It literally took up the whole side of the wall lengthwise and almost height wise.

When I got back to reality, I yelled into the kitchen," hey, Grimm, can I stay and watch some tv?"

There was a slight pause, then he answered,"yeah,sure."

I smiled to myself,"this is gonna be a good night," I thought to myself.

I stayed up watching tv 'til like 12 am.

I was lying on the couch, really tired when Grimm came walking in from the kitchen.

"Hey, you're still here?" he said scratching his head.

I nodded. Then I put my attention back to the giant tv.

"I don't wanna be rude, or kick you out, or anything like that, but, it's really late, so you should go home. I mean, your parents might be worried or something," he said to me, over the very loud television.

I nodded.

Then got up and left.