Part 26: Rejection... or not?

I walked out of the school, looking for Lycan.

I saw him standing in front of his car.

He waved to me.

I waved back.

The wind was practically pulling everything to the right.

There were kids everywhere, most in small groups, gossiping, others alone looking for their ride.

"My house?" Lycan asked, when I was next to him.

I nodded. "But I have to tutor Grimm at 5."

"Ok," he said.

We  got in his car, which was a red truck, with a couple mud stains on it.

The ride was mostly silent.

When we got to his house he led me through the flower gardens. No one would suspect that this would be a werewolf's house.

We went through his front door, and his house, to get to the backyard.

I had only been in his backyard once, but it seemed familiar already.

The grass was very green, and rose bushes lined up against his house.

"My mom likes gardening," Lycan explained.

I nodded, I didn't really care.

Once we were sitting at the center of his huge backyard, he started talking.

"So, we're mates," he said slowly.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"I always wanted a mate, all those werewolf stories make mates seem like the best thing in the world," I ranted.

"They are," he agreed,"at least that's what my dad says."

I nodded.

"My dad always said that mates were the greatest thing ever, and that if they rejected you, then that's their loss. They're always there for you, like a best friend but more special," Lycan said.

"My favorite werewolf stories, are the ones about mates, they always seem so beautiful. Were you expecting your mate to be... human?" I asked.

According to stories, werewolves having human mates, is extremely rare.

"Well...no," he answered," I knew it was always very rare. And I never really thought much of it."

I nodded,"did you want her to be human?"

I waited as he pulled his eyebrows together in thought for a moment.

"I always expected her to be a werewolf, but I don't think that I cared really that much. I'm fine with having a human mate, if that's what you're worried about," he answered.

I sighed of relief.

"So, you're not gonna reject me?" I asked, my voice quiet.

He looked at me, confused, then shook his head, as a no.

I sighed a sigh of relief.

I fell back in relief, so I was laying on my back.

"I thought you would reject me, cuz I'm human, or just cuz you thought a mate would make you seem weak, or something," I said.

He shook his head again," my dad always says that your mate might not be what you want, or what you expected, but you should always accept them, and never reject them," he explained.

I nodded.

I finally remembered the mating process.

The mating process was a process all mates had to go through, unless rejected, of course. The process was really short, it only contained 2 steps and were easy. The first step, was to mark your mate. In most stories I read the male werewolf usually only marks the female, but sometimes the female marked the male, so they were both marked. To mark your mate, you just basically bite into their shoulder with your wolf canines. Then, other werewolves know that they are yours and is a sign of authority.

"Were gonna have to go through the mating process," I blurted out.

He nodded,"that's for another day."

We knew that we would have to go through a lot more than just the mating process, mates were supposed to spend their whole lives together so there would no dought be ups and downs. So many memories I'll make with Lycan, so many problems well overcome, half of my soul was Lycan's, and half of his was mine, but we didn't talk about that, we just kept it to ourselves.

"Go tutor that kid now," Lycan sighed.

"It's almost 5," he added.

"Oh, thanks. Bye," I said, and got up.

"Bye, mate," he said back.

I smiled.

Then I drove my truck over to Grimm's house.

(A/n I just realized how short this chapter really is (laughing emoji) and I'm sorry that it is. I just really wanted to put the part where she tutors Grimm, in another chapter.)