Part 29: Thursday and Friday

So yesterday me and Grimm did that car exchange thing.

Today was Thursday and it was already after school. I just got home, and was looking at cool werewolf books online when I heard a knock downstairs.

No one was home, but I was 15 so I could handle it!

I slowly walked up to the front door, and looked out the window, no one was there.

I heard a knock again, then realized it was coming from the window.

I slowly walked over to the window, but when I saw who or what it was coming from, I saw Isaac.

I let him in and asked," do you ever use the front door?" I asked him.

"Do you ever use proper manners?" he asked taking off his coat,"a hello would be nice."

"Sorry, hello," I apologized, politely.

"What are you doing here?" I asked politely to him.

"Well, I came to ask for a favor," he started.

"There's this huge party tomorrow at this kid's house. She goes to our school. And, my parents have given me the task of babysitting my little cousins that night. You've been doing so well with the fake baby that I was wondering if."

Wait, was Isaac asking me out to the party?!?

Like as an actual date?

Wait, why were his cousins involved?

Oh, because he's not sure he can go with me to the party if he has to babysit his little cousins!-or so I thought.

"Um, Isaac, I love the offer, but I,-"

"Woah woah, wait a sec, you though I was asking you to, what? No. I'm not asking you out, no offence, but I just wanted you to know if you could babysit my cousins tomorrow while I'm at the party," he said.

Oh, of course.

"Well, can you?" he asked.

"I dunno, what if I get invited too?" I asked him.

"The girl having the party says that all her invitations are already out, or at least that's what she told me," Isaac said.

I nodded.

I guess it would be inpolite not to,

"sure, I guess I can babysit your little cousins."

His face lit up.

"Thanks," he said cheerfully, then headed out the window.

"We have a door you know?" I tried to yell to him.

But he was already gone.

Friday:

So it was Friday and Isaac's little cousins were coming over any minute.

I ran downstairs to grab a glass of water and welcome the visitors when they came.

My mom was in the kitchen looking at a magazine.

"Are you going the big party tonight?" she asked me.

She knew about that too?!

"Um, I don't have an invitation," I explained.

"You don't need an invitation," she argued.

"How do you know about this?" I asked her.

She stood up from her chair.
"Your father and I are friends with the girl who's hosting it parents, and our other friends have been gossiping about it," she explained.

"Adults gossiping?" I questioned her.

"Yeah," she scratched her head," weird huh?"

"So did you hear that Melanie and Bradley are getting back together? And Melanie's best friend is starting to hang with her ex!" my mom squealed.

I laughed," mom you like to gossip too!"

"Yeah, whatever," she said, trying to sound cool.

"So are you going?" she beamed.

"No, I have to babysit Isaac's cousins," I explained.

"Is that a boy from school?" she asked me.

I nodded.

"Well no way, girl! You're not missing a huge party like this to babysit!" she practically yelled.

"But what what about his cousins they have no where to go!?" I asked.

"I got it covered," she said in a calm voice.

"you don't have to mom, it's my job," I said.

"It's my pleasure. Go and have fun," she said.

I ran upstairs and grabbed my purse, put 20$ and my phone in there, and a pair of headphones just in case I get bored.

I didn't know what to wear really, I looked all through my closet.
Then my eyes caught on a dress I haven't worn in so long.
It was pure black with soft, thick material. It went down to the bottom half of my my thighs and had strap sleeves.

I actually fully forgot about that dress.
But I was so wearing it tonight.

I slipped it on, and was relived to find that it still fit.

I put on some shoes with those ribbons that go up your shin in a criss-cross way. Of course they had to be black.

I put my hair in a messy bun.

Yep, I was set.

I remembered the address Isaac told me the party would be held in so I could come to if there was an extreme emergency.

I quickly walked to my truck, taking my purse and waving to the children my mom was too babysit.

I drove there with the overcast starting to spill rain droplets onto my windshield.

I quickly wiped them away as I parked in a street nearby the house holding the party.

I ran so the rain wouldn't get my outfit too wet.  It was getting a bit heavier now.

I approached the front door and ding-donged.
Soon a guy opened the door. He looked to be in college.

He actually looked familiar.

"Hi, is this (the address Isaac told me)?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he nodded slowly, as if I was dumb.

I could hear the music from inside and see the packed house of people.

"Um, can I come in?" I asked.

"Sure," he said.
I laughed with him and he let me inside.

I could tell there wasn't much life to this party. Even tho there were many people and the music was blasting, it seemed mostly chill.

Most people were just on the couch gossiping or eating chips.

Some were leaning against the wall, some taking, some alone.
Others were making their way to the kitchen for candy and chips while others just walked randomly.

Then I saw a group of girls walking down the stairs.
In front of that group was I'm guessing the hose of the party.

Oh that's why no one told me what the girl who was hosting it's name was, because that girl completely despised me.

And I despised her even more.

Her name: Liza Oliver