Part 24: Woke up

When I woke up, there were people surrounding me.

I was in my bedroom.

Grimm was there too.
Along with my parents, and Steve.

There were also 2 other people there, they had lab coats on and looked around their 40s.

I sat up.

"She's waking up," one person with a lab coat said.
"No dip," said Grimm.

The other person with a lab coat on (the male) walked up to me,"are you feeling alright?"
"Yeah," I'm fine.

"You might have a huge bruise on your head for a while. Do you have any sense of memory loss?"

I thought for a minute, I remembered my name, birthday, age, and height, and what happened to me before I knocked out.

I shook my head.

"Good, just put some ice on it before bed tonight," the man said, then he and the other lady with a lab coat were off.

Steve stepped up to me.
"Hey, I'm really sorry about what I did back there. I shouldn't have let my anger get the best of me. And even unemployed, smashing a jar over someone's head is bad, I'm sorry," he said too me.

I looked down.

"No, I'm sorry. You were right, the main reason I ever went there was too annoy you. That's just messed up, and I guess I forgot you had feelings too. I never thought you would react so... angrily. I should've not come to that sale, and especially not try to make you look bad in front of your boss. I'm sorry," I confessed.

"You mean old boss, and, I accept your apology," he smiled.

I smiled back.

"I accept yours too"

Grimm stepped up.
"You feelin' alright?" Grimm asked me.
I nodded.

"Those people back there, they were my parents, the one in the lab coats..." he said.

"They seem nice. I thought they were in surgery."

"As soon as they were finished they rushed right here, they love helping people."

I smiled.

"Tell them thank you for me."

That night it was raining.
I put an ice pack on my head!

But it still hurt...

I was reading a werewolf story in my bed.

Then I got a text from Vincent.

Vincent- hey, you there?
Me-how did u get my number?
Vincent-school records. And I have a deal for you
Me- what?
Vincent- meet me at your locker Monday, morning.
Me- ok
Vincent-bring the science project u and Grimm did together.
Me-... Idc if u want my project, but I'll have to ask Grimm if he doesn't mind.
Vincent-I'll take care of it, you just bring it, I promise Grimm will be fine with it
Me- do you know him?
Vincent- I'll talk too him
Me- alright, goodnight
Vincent-goodnight

I put my phone away then drifted off into sleep...

jk, you thought I fell asleep like magic like other Wattpad characters? Haha no, I usually take around 30-45 min on a good night. And I toss and turn a lot, especially when it's raining. But eventually I fall asleep.

And I would've fell asleep, if this one dreadful thought hadn't come to my mind.

What if Lycan rejects me?

To reject a mate is pretty much what it sounds like, it means that you guys aren't mates anymore and don't have too be, rejection just makes that clear. But, in most stories where a werewolf rejects his or her's mates, the 2 often live their lives depressed. They have secondary mates, werewolves that have also been rejected, or their mates died, and you both are rejected or widowed losers who just use each other as mates, and do what normal mates do. That helps you be a little happier, but you could never be as happy as you would've been with your first mate. To reject your mate all you have to do is say "I (your name) reject (your mates name) of the (whatever pack your mate's in) pack." Then you both go your separate ways, only to possibly see each other again.

I don't wanna live a life of total and utter depression!

That's why I never read those rejection stories on Wattpad, they were always so sad and depressing.

Lycan might reject me because I'm human! Having a human mate could make him seem weak to his pack. Or maybe he just doesn't want a mate at all.

I needed to wash these thoughts out of my mind, so I went downstairs to get a glass of water.

I didn't turn any lights on, but I could see fine because of the moonlight.

I sipped my water while reading a magazine that my mom ordered.

Until I heard a knock on my window.

The heck, I said in my mind, as I cautiously looked outside.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion when I saw Isaac, yes the school bully, outside my window, on a tree.

It was still raining outside, he was soaking wet.

I opened the window,"why are you here?" I asked.

He swung inside.

"My friend's parents kicked me out, cuz we trashed the place, but really we only had a couple of chip bags on the ground. So anyways, I came here cuz my house was locked and my parents won't answer the door at night. And I thought you were nice enough to let me sleep here, just 4 2night."

I contemplated this in my head.
After a few seconds, I realized I was letting the rain in, and closed the window.

I sighed," fine, you can sleep here. The guest room is upstairs 3rd door to the right. You're lucky that I was awake."

He nodded.

He then jogged upstairs.

I sighed, when I finished my water I went back upstairs and somehow fell asleep after eventually, with all the dreading thoughts still churning my head like milk.