Part 12: Werewolf Senses

We walked outside.

"Why did you tell all your little friends to annoy me today?" he asked once we were outside.

"How did you know?" had he been watching me?

"Werewolf senses," Lycan spat.

Of course, it was so obvious. My eyes suddenly widened.

"So you're admitting you're a werewolf?" I asked.

"No, I was just joking."

"Oh," I sighed. "You don't need to admit anything, I already know you are one."

He leaned against the wall.

So did I.

"I'm not a werewolf. I don't know why you think that. And what if I was? Why would I be at a school full of humans? Where would my pack be? What position of the pack would I be? And how would scientists not already discovered me yet?"

"Yes you are. I think that because I am an expert on them. You are at this school because you ran away from your old pack, and you were forced to live with humans in order to stay hidden-undercover. Your pack is out in the wilderness, still searching for you. And I'm assuming you would be either a former beta or 3rd in command. And your family protects you so scientists don't find out about you guys being werewolves. Life must be hard for you, especially during a full moon. You probably haven't shifted in forever," I explained.

He looked away for a moment.

"You're wrong."

I moved so I was standing in front of him.

"Stop lying!" I yelled at him.

"Why are you so afraid to admit your species?!" I yelled in his face.

I turned to run away.

All that work I did this morning was wasted.

He's just a jerk.

Wait-no he's not.

He needs to keep his wolf a secret to protect his family, to protect his species.

Of course.

If I was in his shoes, than I wouldn't tell anyone my secret.

I walked back over to him.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you so hard to get you to tell me your secret. I guess I was kind of a jerk after all. I understand now why you can't admit to it. But if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm right here," I said to him.

He smiled at me.

"Meet me at my house after school tomorrow," he said.

He gave me his address and phone number.

Then he left.

Oh my gosh he's actually gonna tell me his secret!

He might want me to come to his house for something else, but I doubt that.

I couldn't wait 'till tomorrow.

So, I called him.

"Why can't I come over today?" I asked the second he started to say hello.

"The house is a mess," he answered, his voice calm, yet frantic at the same time.

" I don't care," I said casually.

He sighed.

"I'm busy."

"Doing what?"

"Football practice."

"You're on the football team?"

"No, I like to play with my dad sometimes."

"Oh."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up.

Ugh. How was I supposed to wait so long for the greatest moment of my life?