Part 13: Bones Cracking

Lycan's house was not a mess

It looked as shiny as ever - well from the outside.

I parked my car on the side of the road in front of his house - according to the address he gave me.

I opened my car's door and started walking to the front door of his house.

Very much detail was put into the outside of his house.

Each panel on the wall a baby blue color. The door was an elegant mahogany with black swirls over the corners. The house wasn't as big as a mansion but was somewhat bigger than mine. A garage was too the left of the door and walkway. The garage door was a mossy green color and looked freshly painted like the rest of his house. There was no walls or pillars on the side of the door, therefore was very welcoming- even tho it lacked a welcome mat. From this view the house looked about 3 stories high.

It looked beautiful.

I smiled as I walked the pathway thru the perfectly cut and colored green grass and up the stairs that led to the front door.

I was still smiling when I rang the red doorbell.

"Hello," he said and smiled back at me when he opened the door.

"Hi."

This felt awkward. I usually never felt awkward, never.

"Come in."

I followed him into his house.

It smelled of fresh paint. The floors were covered with mahogany panels. The walls were a plain shade of orange. The front door led to the stairs and the sitting room to the right. It was very spacey.

We walked forward, past the stairs into the living room where a giant tv was set in front of a giant, brown couch.

And then we walked to another door which led to the kitchen/ eating area.

Then finally we reached the back door which led to outside.

We were on his porch, leaning against the railing.

"You see over there?" he pointed to a forest about 30-40 yards from in front of the back of his house.

"You mean the forest?"

"Yeah."

The forest looked so pretty, so fresh, so natural. The top half of it was green and the bottom half was mostly brown.

"It looks so pretty," I said.

He nodded in agreement.

"Let's go there," he suggested.

And I nodded.

We walked to the forest.

As we started to walk inside the forest I noticed his appearance.

His hair was the same as always but his clothes seemed-- less enthusiastic.

Like the clothes were tired.

He looked fine in his facial expression, not sad at all.

But his skin looked so worn out.

We kept walking.

He stopped at a nearby rock.

"Sit."

I sat on the rock.

He stood in front of me.

"Hey, look I know I've been kind of a jerk to you, but you have to understand that if this secret gets out then my whole species is doomed," he started.

"So you're admitting-"

"Yes. I Am admitting I am a werewolf."

He took in a deep breath.

I took in an even deeper one.

"Finally," I breathed out.

"I can't believe I actually found a werewolf, and you're finally admitting it."

"I need you to see me in wolf form so you can understand. Understand how scary I actually look. How frightened I would make everyone, how frightened I would make you," he said softly.

"Ok," I whispered.

Who knows, the werewolves we see in movies might not look at all the same to ones in real life.

He turned around and took in deep breaths.

"Close your eyes," he spoke.

I closed my eyes until I heard the noise of bones cracking.