Part 20: Night Out

Tonight was a Friday night, which meant I could stay out extra late, without getting in trouble of course.

So basically after me and Grimm investigated Vincent the other day, the bell rang and we had to let him go, if we didn't want too be late for class or be blamed for being late for class, that is.

When I got home from school I saw my mom sitting on the couch watching Pretty Little Liars on tv.

"Hey, honey," she greeted me, not taking her eyes off the screen.

"Hey mom," I replied back.

I was an only child, and I am pretty sure my parents think of me as a freak.

"Do you mind if I go out?!" I asked my mom.

"Nope," she answered popping popcorn in her mouth. I didn't even realize she had gotten popcorn...

"Just, be back by cerfew."

" I always am," I answered.

I went to my car.

It was a yellow Porsche, I wanted one as my car ever since Bella and Alice Cullen saved Edward with a yellow Porsche just like mine!

Yeah ok I have an obsession, one with Twilight and one with werewolves.

And others that I probably forgot...

I got in my car/Porsche.

Then, I decided to go to the mall, because there was a cool candy shop there.

"Two, packs of Skittles please, and 4 Ring Pops. One red one blue one green and one more blue," I asked the guy at the counter.

He sighed,"will that be all Miss Grey?!"

Yeah, the guy who works there knows my name. I eat too much candy!

"Hmmm," I thought then.

I looked around me.

"Some sour straws please!" I put them on the counter.

"Now is that all?" he tried to sound polite through his gritted teeth.

"Hmmm,"  I looked around again.

"Some, dark chocolate turtles, and some, chocolate butterflies. Or, wait should I get the chocolate peanuts instead? My mom said I can't spend more than twenty dollars a day here, and I haven't gone to the gym in a while--,"

"Lady, just make up your mind gosh!" he yelled at me.

"FIne! FIne! I guess I'll have the chocolate turtles and the chocolate butterflies."

"We are having a huge sale tomorrow/Saturday, where all things in the store are buy 7 get 10 free, and im only saying this because i have too," he sighed blandly.

"Oh, cool!" I squealed!

Steve covered his ears, yes his name was Steve don't judge him gosh...

He handed me my bag of candies.

I took out a twenty, but he shook his head and gestured to put the money away.

I put a confused look on my face.

He sighed," look, candy's on me today alright,"

"Why?!" I aksed him.

"Because you're paying me back," he winked at me.

"How?"

"You're not gonna show up tomorrow," he started.

"What?!? how can I miss a sale like that?!?" I yelled/asked.

"Look, I'm having a big sale tomorrow, and there might be lots of people here. I don't need them waiting on you, or your candy. And you annoy me so much I might get fired for either yelling or hurting you," Steve answered me.

"Like you would ever hurt a costumer."

Steve shook his head. "Just don't show up tomorrow, please."

"Yeah, I'm coming tomorrow, and I'm bringing more than twenty dollars," I said.

He looked like he was about to strangle me by now.

"Fine, then you don't get free candy today."

I sighed, my mom might get mad that I spent 20 dollars on candy...

"OK, OK, if you pay, then I might  not come tomorrow," I suggested.

"I know you're coming tomorrow."

"But, I might not."

He sighed once again.

"OK, I'll pay for half of this, if you might  not come tomorrow," he said.

I nodded.

I handed him a ten.

I walked towards the exit.

"See you tomorrow Steve," I shouted to him, as I opened the exit door.

"you freakin'-" the door shut so I couldn't hear the last word...

Oh well!

Steve was my age, but went to a different school. I loved to annoy him whenever I went to the candy shop! I knew exactly when and what days he worked, so I know when to come! I thought it was funny when I annoyed Steve.