16

Next Morning

I woke up at 6am as usual. When I picked the time for my classes, I thought the morning would be the best idea. I was wrong. Now that no one is telling me to get up and go to school, I'm so lazy. I have four alarms set because that's how lazy I am. I mean its not just me. Sam has a hard time of getting up to. I get my clothes and head for the shower.

After I got out the shower, I got dressed in a crew neck top and dark jeans with flip flops and my hair in a messy bun. I don't really wear makeup besides mascara and doing my eyebrows. I left the bathroom and headed downstairs. Sam was cooking for the both of us and I was so excited. That girl can cook. I mean she should take culinary class or something. There's a lot of things about Sam that I'm jealous of. Like her beautiful skin and long blonde curls. She's so perfect in so many ways. Niall better treat her right or I'll cut him.

"Breakfast is served." she said sitting my plate before me.

"Thanks Sammy!" I say eyeing all of food. It didn't take long for me to dig in. I ate a lot, but I didn't finish it. Soon after we ate, we left for school. We blasted One Direction in the car. The song Last First Kiss was ringing in our ears.

"GIRL WHAT WOULD YOU DO, WOULD YOU WANNA STAY IF I WERE TO SAY! I WANNA BE LAST, YEAH, BABY LET ME BE YOUR LET ME BE YOUR LAST FIRST KISS! I WANNA BE FIRST, YEAH, WANNA BE THE FIRST TO TAKE IT ALL AWAY LIKE THIS! AND IF YOU ONLY KNEW I WANNA BE LAST, YEAH, BABY LET ME BE YOUR LAST, YOUR LAST FIRST KISS!" We yelled out the window like crazy people. I can't but to think that maybe Zayn and I could have been dedicating that song to each other. There's just no escaping him. I mean yes he's my best friend, but my heart wants more. I guess life really isn't fair. He'll just go be happy with Em, and I'll be the girl who's single all her life and has nine cats who only loves me because I feed them. I'm so pathetic.

"Hellooo, earth to Alissa!" Sam says screaming.

"I'm sorry, what?" I was so out of it.

"Are you okay?" she asked sighing.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? Now let's get to class." I said as the car came to a complete stop. We walked to class and sat in the front as always. Its true what teachers say, "If you sit in the front, you comprehend better." I never really paid attention to that. Nathan walked in one minute to spare until the bell rang and sat behind me. I only had him for one class and it's English. English is my best subject. I don't know, I guess I'm just really good at it. Professor Ingrid was prepared to lecture during the whole class. My hand was about to fall off. Literally. I pack up my stuff and Nathan looks at me and smiles.

"Alissa, right?" he asked scratching the back of his neck. Zayn does that when he gets nervous. Get Zayn out of your head. Ugh your right, focus on Nathan.

"Yeah, that's me." I say returning the smile.

"So have you thought about what I said?" he asked rocking his toes back and forth. He's so cute. He's smart and charming.

"Yeah, I did and I'll take you up on your offer." I said looking at the floor.

"Really? Great, how about Friday at seven o' clock." he said looking back up and so did I. Our eyes met at the perfect time.

"Perfect." I say zipping up my backpack.

"Great, I'll see you then Alissa." he says walking out the classroom. My heart just skipped like 2 beats. I hurry and make it to math before the bell rings. I couldn't help but think about Nathan. Zayn who?

Zayn

We had sound checks today before we go on tour. I couldn't wait until tour. We were singing our song Taken and it was my verse next.

"Thank you for showing me who you are underneath

No

thank you, I don't need another heartless misery

You think I'm doing this to make you jealous

And I know that you hate to hear this

But this is not about you anymore."

I sang and drank a sip of water. Harry and Liam finished their set and we had a 20 minute break.

"So what's been going on with you Zayn?" Louis asks me. What is up with everyone opening up lately. I prefer to be the turtle on the shell who barely comes out.

"Is there something going on? I mean appreciate that you guys care, but I'm fine. I promise." I say reading everyone's mind.

"Woah mate, we just wanted to know about that girl you've been out with." Niall says throwing up his hands in defensive mode.

"Oh Emma, nothing happened. Were just friends." I say taking another sip of water. Getting interrogated is dehydrating. For future reference, I promise myself to never get accused of nothing. Imagine dealing with this with a cop.

"Yeah but like, do you wanna be more than friends with her?" Harry asked. I hate when the spotlight is on me. Not literally, I think I perform better when its on me. When it's on one of the other boys, I sound a little pitchy. Zayn focus.

"I'm not really sure. I like being friends with her right now." I say scratching the back of my neck.

"Is that because of Ally?" Liam asked me.

"Partially and the other half is because of me." I say truthfully.

"You'll figure it out mate, I just hope you figure it out soon enough." Liam says putting me back on the back.

"Okay boys let's take it from of the top of Nobody Compares." James said walking over to the sound system. All I could think of was nobody will ever compare to Ally.