If You Didn't Want Me Why Did You Kidnap Me?! (20) THE END

Start from the beginning

***

Today was Halloween, and I got up early to shower and get ready. Everyone had  made it obvious, this was the day that we’d been waiting for. This was the day that was going to make or break all this planning, and my heart was very aware of it too. In the shower it was clammering against my ribs painfully and when I exited the plain white bathroom, wrapped in a thick starched towel into the white bedroom there was an outfit and a note on the bed, my regular body guard was probably outside listening for suspicious noises.

The note was from Amanda’s Dad.

“There is a large Halloween Festival happening downtown, which will be the perfect protection. Everyone will be wearing masks, the streets will be packed. Please put on the outfit Amanda picked out for you, and get ready for a fun night given the circumstances.”

A princess. I was going to be a princess. You would think a better costume would be something with a full mask, but Amanda wanted to see me in a dress. The dress was long and pink and glittery with a corset tied back that Amanda helped herself to making very tight. The mask covered my cheekbones, the same color as the dress and just as glittery. I was thankful I got to wear white flats and they left my hair alone because they didn’t want me looking too flashy. The cone hat with sheer cloth out the tip draped down to my shoulders.

Amanda was dressed similarly, so we could be easily spotted in a crowd if you knew what we looked at. Even our body guards wore tuxes for the occasion. In the car I asked Amanda if this would be when I finally saw my parents again and she just smiled.

I was starting to feel very uneasy about the entire thing, having not a single idea about anything going on when the black town house car we were in stopped on the outskirts of the downtown that was packed with people in costumes and smiles. Amanda looked at me with a sly smile.

“Walk to the nearest coffee place.” I stared at her incredulously. “We have people throughout these streets, you’ll be fine. I have other places I have to be. Just… go.” The door was opened for me and I got out on numb legs. Were they just going to leave  me here? That made no sense, I didn’t know what to do.

I pushed my way through people, who were already intoxicated  even though it couldn’t be later than 3pm. The costumes kept catching my eye though, there was someone walking around in a Bumblebee costume, from Transformers. Finally I stopped a family that looked very friendly and asked them where the nearest coffee shop was and they pointed me in the direction up the block to the right. I thanked them and continued on my way.

I kept looking over my shoulder, trying to find one of the many guys Amanda said would be watching me, but I couldn’t. I was hoping they were just so good at their job that they blended into the crowd, but that didn’t stop me from being very scared. My heart was racing as I slowly made my way up the street.

I should be seeing my parents. In the nearest coffee shop, my parents were sitting and waiting for me. We would hug and all of this would go behind me. They would get Nick, my parents would keep me safe.

I started rushing up the street, getting excited at the idea of this all ending. I cut through people effortlessly, needing to see my parents when suddenly behind me a fence that kept people from the street from entering between the building opened and two men dressed in black grabbed my shoulders roughly. Before I could  even make a single sound from shock a mouth was wrapped around my mouth, and the fence was being closed again. My heart dropped. I was so close.