~42~

Jimin slowly opened one eye and evaluated what he could move on his body that would hurt the least.  Today it was just his neck.  Even though it had only been sprained, it had been the least painful thing he'd had to deal with through this whole ordeal. 

The room was silent...wait, no it wasn't.  He held his breath as he listened closely to what was supposed to be silence.  Instead, he heard breathing.  His eyes grew wide and he pushed the button on his bed to raise him up.  It was painfully slow but finally it sat him up enough so he could get a good look around the room.

A lump was stretched out on the sofa and a head of brown hair was poking out from under a blanket.  A hand was brushing against the floor and one leg was kicked up on the arm of the sofa.   Jimin studied the lump and a wide smile spread across his face as he realized who it was. 

"Ow, ow, owwwwwww, oh that hurts!  The pain!"  He shouted as if he was in tremendous pain and the lump shot up off the sofa. 

A groggy, swollen faced, fluffy headed Taehyung teetered in his spot on the floor.  "What...Wha...wait, what is it...where is it...who...am I?"  He tumbled back on to the sofa and drifted back to sleep. 

Jimin giggled and tried again, this time trying to sound more desperate.  He worked hard not to laugh as Taehyung again bounced into an upright position.  His eyes slowly blinked and he teetered back and forth again.  "I didn't sneak out, I promise," he said loudly, rubbing his face.

Jimin laughed loudly and Taehyung finally became aware of his surroundings.  "Ah, Jiminie, are you okay?"  He quickly became concerned and walked at a fast pace to Jimin's bedside. 

"Well, I'm in the hospital.  So, I'm obviously not okay.  But I'm not doing too bad right now."  He grinned mischievously and Taehyung rolled his eyes and collapsed into the chair next to the bed.

"Not funny," he grumbled. 

"I know," admitted Jimin.  "I'm sorry."  He grinned as he apologized making his apology seem much less sincere than it really was.

Taehyung ended up laughing and stood up.  "I'm going to find a bathroom and then I'm going to find us some breakfast."  He winked at Jimin and made a beeline for the door. 

Jimin watched him leave and he laid his head back and smiled.  Taehyung always knew Jimin's true wants and desires before he ever said them himself.  When he'd told everyone goodbye last night his heart was breaking.  He didn't want to be alone anymore.  He wasn't used to that way of living anymore.  He was at his happiest when he was surrounded by those six men.  But if he couldn't have all six, he had hoped at least one would insist on staying, even if his pride would never allow it to happen.  Taehyung had been that one who insisted and Jimin lied through his teeth as he told him he wanted him to leave.  In reality, he had been dying for any one of them to stay but if he could pick one, it would be Taehyung.  But Taehyung had left, leaving Jimin alone and despondent.  He had fallen asleep while crying into his pillow and awoke to find his friend had not really abandoned him. 

No matter what anyone said about Kim Taehyung, the boy was an absolute rare gem.  Jimin giggled as he ran through some of the more memorable memories he had with Taehyung.  Their adventures had been many. 

The door to the room opened interrupting his thoughts.  A doctor and a nurse walked in and Jimin swallowed hard.  He hated seeing them.  They never had good news; always sad faced.  It always scared him to hear what they had to say.  "Good morning, Doctor," he said, speaking first

"Good morning, Jimin-ssi.  How are you this morning?"  The doctor looked over the chart and finally raised his gaze to look at his patient. 

"I'm in a hospital with a dozen things wrong with me, I guess I'm doing okay?"  Jimin laughed at his own pitiful joke.