~25~

"Thanks for making sure I got home." Hyejin smiled and looked up at her building.  They had arrived  a moment ago and stood awkwardly, not sure how to end the night.

"No problem," he said with a shrug. 

"Alright, well-"

"Hyejin, ah..."  He scratched at his ear and sniffed.  "I just wanted to say it's been nice catching up with you."  He was thankful for the darkness so just maybe she wouldn't see his face blushing.  Even the thought of blushing embarrassed him as man. 

"Same here, Namjoon.  I'm glad we've been able to reconnect.  Though I can't say Auntie Jinjoo feels the same way."  She giggled as she watched him throw a hand to his chest in mock pain. 

"She hates me already," he squeaked.

"I don't think 'hate' is the right word, but she seems to think I've lured in more than enough 'pretty' boys into the shop."  She laughed as he suddenly stood up straight and smiled with a little bit of pride at being called a "pretty" boy.

"I'm honored.  Though please don't let any of my old rapper friends hear you call me that.  I'll be roasted for sure."  He grinned and kicked his toe on the sidewalk.

"I can only imagine."  She adjusted the strap of her bag.

He looked up from under his eyelashes.  "Hyejin, I had better go," he said softly.

"Yep, me too," she responded in kind.  "Thanks again!"  She looked back over her shoulder as she walked away, waving slightly.  The shoelaces on her sneakers flopped as she walked at a fast pace into the building.

Namjoon stuffed his hands further into his pockets and sighed as he looked up at the wall of windows on the apartment building, wondering which one might be hers.  

He frowned as an image of her and Yoongi sitting in the coffee shop flittered across his mind.  He had gotten pretty good at reading Yoongi over the years, but as he had observed his friend earlier, he discovered that it wasn't so easy in this case.  He couldn't tell if Yoongi was genuinely interested in Hyejin or he just wanted to make sure Namjoon didn't get involved with a girl. 

He walked to the curb and hailed a taxi, sliding into the backseat.  Whatever Yoongi's reason, Namjoon was going to have to clear the air before things got way out of hand.  No way he was going to break up the group's bond over a girl.

* * *

The work room was silent. No beats. No music. Nothing. Yoongi sat in his chair, elbows resting on his desk and his raised hands clasped together tightly. One finger tapped lightly on the knuckles of the opposite hand as he frowned slightly, watching the screen saver on the computer dance around the monitor screen.

Things were not going as planned and if he wasn't careful, everything could end in a way he most certainly did not want it to end. He sighed and slouched back into his desk chair. The dim lights in the room did nothing to bring up his mood and he finally kicked his feet up onto the desk and leaned back against the chair with heavy sigh.

"Got something on your mind?" The low voice of the leader jolted Yoongi out of his thoughts. He didn't bother to turn though, not really wanting to the encourage the idea of communication.

"Perhaps," he said, answering vaguely on purpose. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Namjoon leaned against the door frame, arms folded across his chest. His face seemed dark and brooding, but the dim light prevented Yoongi from being able to read into it anymore than that.