Chapter One

"I say we cheer to the thought of our new lives together." A very posh man spoke as he ran his fingers throw his hair before pulling his glass in front of him. Holly quickly raised hers as her gaze shifted around the room to the fireplace to the stained glass window before falling back to her alcohol.

"Cheers." She said shyly before he pulled the glass from her hand.

"You have never had a drink before...have you?"

"My grandmother does not believe in it. She believes it raises the devils from inside."

"Sometimes that is not an awful thought..."

Her gaze changed to surprised.

"I suggest we ready for bed. I am sure you are quite fatigued and I myself am aching from working yesterday."

"Alright..." She turned to her hope chest that was carried in my servants before turning to find him looking to her with an intrigued expression. With her nightgown draped over her arm, she felt a cold touch on her wrist before being pulled closer to her husband.

"You are trembling..."

"I am quite nervous, to be honest..."

"Of me? Have I not proven my loyalty to you? Have I not proven my patience?"

She nodded. "Of course you have."

"Then you insult me by trembling."

"It is not my intention."

"I can deduct as much...but...I do fear that you do not care for me, as I do for you..."

"I admire you. You are an inspirational and honest man...I adore-"

Suddenly his lips smacked hard into hers as she could not find herself to kiss back. When he released her, he slowly began to nod his head before pulling her nightgown from her arm and throwing it onto the bed.

"You will not need to change tonight."

Her brow furrowed before he pushed her against the post of the bed. His hands rested on her hips as he forced his lips against her neck. Instantly, her hands attempted to push away his shoulders, but he had been too strong. In a fit of fear, she began to groan before he cupped his hand over her mouth.

"You cannot expect me to be patient forever." He said harshly as she suddenly realized her mistake.

"Please. I will eventually-"

"Eventually is too long. You are my wife-" His hand gripped her chin as he then forced another kiss. Cold fingers forced their way up her leg before pulling her dress far enough to expose her skin.

"Please..." Tears now filled her eyes. "I am not ready." She attempted to reason with him but found his lust was too strong for his reasoning. Quickly, she pushed him hard enough until he was knocked to the ground.

"Do you honestly expect me to not punish you for treating me this way? You are a woman of luck for me to have chosen you. Your family's name comes with a social leprosy...your father did not no better-and I can see that you have not learned any differently...You WILL learn you place, Holly."

He rose from the ground before moving back to her. To her surprise, he forced a kiss as he bit her lip, making her squeal.

"If you have not leaned it yet, I married because I could not fathom the idea of you being with another-and now, I never have to worry of it. You will be marked by me, and one day, you will be mine-begging to be it."

She listened intently as she conjured a way to escape.

"You cannot escape me. I am your husband, you are my wife, and we are bound by legality and spirit. There is nothing you can do but love me...as I thought you already did..."