thirty-four

Quinn Jackson ◊

Luke.

I knew that this was a dream, because he looked happy and he looked healthy. And it was fitting, It all started with a dream and I knew that it would end with a dream.

"Quinn," He breathed out, and I nearly sobbed at the sound of my name coming from the voice that I loved, "You are still as beautiful as ever."

"Stay strong, my love. You are doing so well. I am so proud of you Quinn, so proud." He murmured, his hand cupping my cheek and I trapped his hand beneath my own, craving his embrace.

"I love you so much." I whimpered, and he nodded as he leaned forward, kissing my forehead quickly.

"And I love you. We are going to make it out of this Quinn, I know it. Just keep holding on." He whispered, and I nearly sobbed at how unsure he looked. I wasn't even sure anymore.

"Luke, how are you doing? How much longer am I going to be here? I can't take it much longer." I said, and he nodded as he wrapped his arm around me, and I inhaled deeply.

He still smelled as I remembered - fresh cut grass mixed with the scent of his aftershave, and I smiled to myself, trying to remember this moment.

"I do not know how much longer Quinn, but you are going to do just fine. Remember, I believe in you." He murmured, and I struggled to hold onto him before he was fading away.

"I love you, always remember that." He whispered, before nothing was in my arms and I cried out, wrapping my arms around myself before suddenly I was awake, and I tried to sit up.

The leather dug into my skin as I tried, and I whimpered before falling back in defeat. Kronos was standing by, his figure still resembling Luke's and it made me sad because I so craved to be back in his arms.

"Kronos, please change into a different body or something." I whispered, trying hard not to let the anger creep into my tone and he frowned before he sat on the edge and looked at me.

"Don't you want me to look like Luke though?"

"No, I want you to let me go. To let me be free so I can go and save Luke so he doesn't die. I love him, not you. I could never love you." I snarled, and he glared at me before a tool appeared in his hands.

It didn't look nice, and I whimpered as I struggled while Kronos brought the tool to my hand, slipping my middle finger into it and I protested as he gave me one final look before my finger cracked, the sound echoing in the cave.

I screamed as Kronos stepped back, my finger throbbing in pain and I took a shaky breath as I tried to avoid looking at my now broken finger and whimpered as I saw how disfigured it was.

"Damn you Kronos." I seethed, and he chuckled as he leaned in close, his breath hitting my face and I groaned as he came in too close.

"Just you wait Quinn. Things are coming." He murmured, and he moved away from me as someone appeared behind me, and I struggled to see who it was. "Hera, you are to watch her for now."

She came into my view, a frown etched onto her face as she glanced down at me before opening her lips to speak, but Kronos held a hand up to silence her. "Do not argue."

Her lips pressed into a thin line, and she crossed her arms over her chest as she sighed. He nodded once more before he was gone and she glared down at me.

Silence consumed us before she was leaving my sight, and I listened to figure out what she was doing. Her footsteps echoed off of the cavern walls, before she made a noise as she sat down on the steps.