twelve

Quinn Jackson ◊

I had barely even spoken to Arnold as it is, but the look that he was giving me was eerily terrifying. His eyes were narrowed and his facial features were twisted in anger.

"Where have you been?" He scolded, and I frowned as I entangled my fingers together and stood before him.

"I was with Mira and Luke," I spoke but he interrupted me with a nod and opened his mouth to speak.

"Sit down." He commanded, and I furrowed my brows as I looked at him.

"I'm sorry, but I do not appreciate being spoken to like that." I said, and he clenched his fists as he rolled his eyes.

"Do you know who I am?" He snapped, and I nodded.

"Yes I do. You are Zeus, and you have control over Olympus but you do not have control over me. I do not think anyone else likes being spoken to like that either." I said, and a surprised look was on his face.

"No one has ever spoken to me like that before."

"Well someone should have, you're awfully rude." I said, sitting down at the table and an irritated look overcame his face as I waited for him to quiz me, but instead he just handed me a sheet of paper with questions on it.

"Begin." He muttered, and sat across from me. I was slightly nervous with him watching me, but I was confident in what Mira has taught me so far. Some questions were tougher than others, and Arnold was incessantly taping on the table as well.

"I'm finished." I said, sliding him my paper and he dismissed me with a wave of his hand, which was slightly offensive but I knew not to question him any more at this point. I walked out of the room to see Luke pacing in the hall, and he immediately kissed my forehead as he hugged me.

"How was it?" He murmured, an anxious look on his face and I rubbed his cheek as I smiled up at him, and the worry seemed to melt away from him.

"Fine, I was in high school recently so I'm still able to remember a bunch of information and recite it in order to pass a class. The only good thing from high school in all honesty." I said, and he chuckled as looked down at me.

"I am going to talk to Arnold, you can wait for me but you do not have to." He said, and I nodded as I sat on the bench in the hall and watched as he went inside, giving me a quick smile before he was shutting the door behind him.

I know it was irresponsible of me, but I wanted to know what he and his brother were talking about. The two were polar opposites, and it was surprising to see that Luke, Arnold and Zach were actually three brothers.

I stepped up to the door, and was surprised to hear Luke snap at Arnold, though I don't blame him.

"I should be able to tell her." He snapped, anger seeping into his tone and I flinched as something slammed from inside the room, "She should be able to know how she is doing."

"Do not speak to me like that, your little girl was already rude enough earlier." I rolled my eyes at Arnolds words, but I knew that he was just insecure in his actions.

"Why are you always so disrespectful Arnold? I do not understand it." Luke snarled, and I smiled as I pulled away from the door slightly.

"I am going to tell her about the tests, and you cannot stop me." Luke said, and my eyes widened at the mention of the tests, but I quickly sat down on the bench as Luke threw the doors open but his eyes softened as he saw me.

"I hope you did not hear me yell," He said, and I smiled as I shrugged my shoulders, "Are you free to talk?"

"Luke, what else am I going to do?" I said, and he chuckled as he offered his hand out to me and I took it, and walked with him into the living room.