thirty-three

Quinn Jackson ◊ 

Starving, dehydrated, exhausted, weak.

I was still mortal, and I could feel myself slipping away with every hour that went by and I still had no way to help myself. I was hurting, but I couldn't even imagine what Luke was going through.

"Kronos, please." I pleaded, my throat dry and hurting with every syllable I uttered, "I need water or something."

He gave a soft smile, one that was still all too unsettling, as he came near, "Oh, my dear Quinn."

"I forget that you are mortal and weak. Honestly though, what would you even become when you're immortal? You're essentially useless." He said, throwing a pitcher of water into the cage and I quickly scrambled to get it upright, to at least have some water to drink.

His words stung, but I did not care. All I could focus on was the water, and how it felt against my hurting throat.

"I don't understand why you're doing this. I am not going to marry you, and Luke is going to die. Don't you care about him?" I screamed, and Kronos turned as he looked at me, an unamused and irritated look plastered over his face.

"I did care about Luke, I mean I still do. He was once my favorite," He mumbled, coming close to the cage and I flinched as his face was close to mine, "Until he stood idly by while Zeus and the rest killed me."

"I'm sure he doesn't even regret it." He murmured, and his attention was turned away from me as Lyla appeared, an upset look on her face.

"Hera, what do you want?" He snapped, and she flinched slightly as she shrugged her shoulders gently and walked towards us.

"Um, just to update you on Luke. He is starting to fade, Father. There is not much longer so we should act soon." She whispered, and I stilled at her words.

"Luke, what did she just say about Luke?" I whimpered, and Kronos cocked a brow as he crouched down to my level, licking his lips as he stared at me.

"Luke is fading away my dear. He was supposed to have married you by now, and granting him eternal kingship once he had his queen." He said.

"How dare you. Don't just let him fade." I growled, and Kronos watched me as I pulled at the chains, laughing slightly.

Lyla stood idly by while she watched, crossing her arms over her chest and I glared at her in disgust.

"You're a horrible person, that's why Luke never loved you." I spat, and she tightened her fists as she walked towards me, but Kronos held her back.

"What else do they say?" He mumbled, and she continued sending me a nasty look until Kronos cleared his throat and she looked up at him.

"Nothing, they are still wondering who it was that is betraying everyone. I am tempted to place the blame on either Michael or Arnold." She said, her voice quiet but I screamed at her once more.

"You are trying to blame others? You are ruining yourself Lyla. Don't you dare bring Michael or even Arnold into this." I snapped, and she rolled her eyes before she was walking towards the cage but this time, I didn't back down.

My muscles were burning from leaning forward so far, but I had to get close enough to her, "Why are you even doing this? You know that as soon as he gets what he wants he is going to leave you behind."

Doubt became clear on her face, and I watched as she glanced back at Kronos who was too busy on the other side of the cage, before she was glaring at me.

"Why did I do this? Why did Arnold always cheat on me? I loved him, more than words could describe but he always left. That's what people do Quinn, they leave." She whispered, and I shook my head as I watched her.