epsilon

Quinn Jackson ◊

The drive to the manor was long, but the scenery was beautiful. Luke hummed along to random songs that played from his stereo, and it brought some relief to me as I was still contemplating if I did the right thing or not.

Many would think I was mental for even thinking about it, let alone going through with it. Hell, I thought I was mental for doing it.

But there's the hope that if he's true to his word, my mother would receive the treatment she needs and live a longer and better life.

I didn't know anything about him, but there was something that felt familiar when it came to him. A sense of safety, as it were.

"She'll stay alive until I'm done, right? You promise me that?" I asked, nervous and he nodded as he looked at me before his eyes turned back to the road.

He nudged me slightly as we turned into a drive, the scene from my dream now alive and even grander than before.

It was a large two story manor at the end of a long and curved driveway, with giant green pine trees that lined the way to the building.

"I hope this will do for the time being." He said as we both left the car, and I nodded as I breathed out, not capable of using words to describe just how beautiful the place was.

He grabbed the box containing my stuff from the backseat, and walked up the steps, glancing back at me to make sure I was following, and I quickly walked up the steps with him.

"You can wander and explore as much as you want, but for now there are some people I want you to meet." He said, placing the box on a table within the entrance way and I nodded.

He disappeared from the entrance, leaving me alone and I looked around the massive structure, amazed by its beauty. There was a grand marble staircase with steel-iron railing and gold leaf decorations scattered among it.

The two stairs connected above a set of double doors, that connected for the rest of the manor. Luke walked through after a few minutes, followed by another set of people.

Each of them smiled at me as they spread out in a line in front of me, and I blushed as I looked down at my feet and Luke chuckled.

"Everybody, this is Quinn. Quinn, this is, well everybody." He said, gesturing to the others and I nodded as I waved at them, and he kept his gaze on me.

"Everyone is more than willing to help you, whenever you need it. Do you want me to show you around?" He asked, and I smiled as I nodded and watched as he excused the two of us, and we went upstairs.

"There's forty-five rooms. Extensive, I know. Each of these rooms have a purpose though. There's all the necessities though, including a library, a private theater, indoor pool, all the fun stuff that you would enjoy." He said, and I nodded as I didn't know what to say.

"And this will be your room." He said, pushing the doors open and I smiled as I stepped inside, overwhelmed at the room.

There was a massive bed, black pillars with a canopy over it, and black pillows at the head of the bed. The carpet was a dark grey, with white walls and a grey trim at the top.

There was a white desk against the wall, a sleek black laptop with supplies littered on the top of the desk. There was a marble fireplace along the opposite wall, with a couch and chairs surrounding it.

"Wow, this is, um wow." I breathed out, amazed at everything and he smiled as he watched me.

"You also have your own bathroom, as well as a closet." He said, nudging me towards one of the doors that were closed and I walked towards the door, opening it and finding myself at a loss of words once again.