twenty-one

Quinn Jackson ◊

"I want to know about the other girls." I stated, and he pressed his lips into a line as he turned his head up to crack his neck before he sighed and leaned against the stairs, looking at me with a look of pure adoration.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Why do you want to know about the others?" He countered, and I rolled my eyes slightly as I looked at him and he chuckled.

"What happened to being an open book?" I asked, and he nodded as he played with our hands.

"I will but only if you tell me why you want to know." He said, and I sighed as I leaned back with him as well, and he smiled at me as he kissed my cheek quickly.

"Because I want to know what happened to the other girls so I can be better, you know? So I can make sure that you stay King and that you are able to stay alive," I stressed and he nodded as he kissed me, on the lips this time and I cupped his face as I deepened the kiss.

He pulled away, as he looked at me once more and chuckled, "I knew that. That, Quinn, is why I am certain you are going to make a damn fine Queen. You care more about making sure you make it for my sake than for your own."

I blushed as he stared at me, and it was then as we were sitting on those steps that I realized something. I wasn't just falling for Luke anymore - I fell, and I fell hard.

I was in love with Luke, aka Hades, aka King of the Underworld. My life had been chaotic before I met him, and even more chaotic now. But that's the thing, we all need a little chaos in our lives and silence continued between us as we both just stared at each other, before I grew the courage to speak first.

"I think I'm in love with you," I whispered, and he grinned as he cupped my face and his lips were on mine, the kiss was desperate, quick - and full of love.

"Good, because I am completely and utterly in love with you Quinn Jackson," He murmured as he pulled away, and I smiled as I stared at him, realizing how much I actually was in love with him, "Where is Alexandra? I have to talk to her."

"Why would you ask me that Luke?" I said, giggling slightly and he chuckled as he shrugged his shoulders before he leaned back onto the steps once again, and stared at me as he rubbed my cheek with his thumb, and I leaned into his touch.

"I am so happy Quinn, you really have no idea." He whispered, before kissing my forehead. He let his lips linger until he pulled away, and he walked into the manor. I sighed as I just tried to process everything, before walking around the courtyard to get some sense into my mind.

I had only been at the manor for a little over four months, the days passing by faster than I could imagine, but I realized that here they don't really celebrate holidays or occasions. I suppose that's because they've had decades upon decades of each day, month and year. While I wish we had celebrated the holidays, especially Halloween - it was my favorite, the time and parties they threw were even better.

I love Luke, though it is weird to say, I do love him. I"m nervous though for the rest of the tests, I didn't know if I was capable enough to handle them or even how to handle being a Queen if I pass them all.

However, I knew with Luke by my side I could not fail.

Alexandra wandered out into the garden while I was sitting on the bench, and she sat beside me, a smile on her face as she looked at me.

"Luke found me already, don't fret. But, I have a feeling about something. You and Luke love each other?" She asked, her voice soft and gentle and I nodded. She squealed and clapped her hands, sighing as she smiled at me.