beta

Quinn Jackson ◊

The morning had been a struggle already. It was my first day of school and I was late. I huffed out as I parked the car and glanced around at the parking lot, and quickly gathered my stuff and went towards the double doors leading inside.

I entered the small school, glancing around quickly until I found the office and walked towards it, pushing the door open to reveal a middle aged woman sitting at a desk, her glasses nearly falling off her face and she looked up at me as I cleared my throat.

"Uh, hi. I'm Quinn Jackson, I'm a new student." I said, and she gave me a smile as I stood there, grabbing something from her desk and bringing it to me.

"So nice to meet you, I've heard lots about you." She said, her voice cheery and hopeful, and I was confused as to where she heard about me but shrugged it off.

"Thanks, and I'm sorry I'm late, I was helping with my mother and I lost track of time." I said, scratching my arm and she nodded as a sympathetic look came over her features and I sighed.

"Of course dear, it's understandable. Now it's already fourth period, so you can go to this hour but then there's lunch. It is a closed campus so you can't leave, but the cafeteria has excellent food, especially on Tuesdays." She said, beaming at me and I nodded.

"Okay so you have Advanced Writing right now, and then you'll have Physics, Psychology, and Art for your last three hours. Here's a map of the school, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to come and talk to me." She said, patting my arm softly and I nodded again as I grabbed everything from her.

"Just go down the hall until you find room 112." She said, and I nodded once again as I gave her a small smile and walked down the hall, feeling slightly confident over where to find the class because this school was extremely small, and with the map in front of me.

It was completely silent as I walked through the hall, my footsteps echoing off the empty walls and I glanced at the map once again, attempting to find my way through the tiny yet confusing maze of this school.

I kept my gaze trained on the map, not focusing on anything else until I felt myself run into something and I fell to the ground. Pain shot through my body as I glared up at whatever I had run into, but stopped when there were two guys around my age staring at me.

The first had tan skin, messy black hair and he stood tall. He had an insanely defined jaw and intense facial features, as well as a toned body and a smug look on his beautiful face.

The other was Michael from yesterday, and he beamed down at me as he recognized who I was and started helping me pick up everything.

"Um, you okay?" The tan one asked, an Australian accent present in his voice and I nodded shyly as I felt the two watching me with intense looks on their faces.

"Erm, yeah. Just looking for Advanced Writing." I squeaked out, and the tan kept watching me, his eyes never leaving me and Michael smiled at me.

"That's by our class, we can walk you to it." Michael said, a smile on his face as he elbowed the other and he rolled his eyes and walked ahead and Michael frowned.

"Well, that's Calum, he's usually friendly." He said, and I nodded as I gathered my stuff and followed them down the hall, slightly embarrassed that I was going the wrong way to my class.

"So your first day and you have Advanced Writing, that sucks." He said, chuckling a bit as we walked through the small hallways until he stopped in front of a door and gestured inside.

I licked my lips out of nervous habit, and he furrowed his eyebrows slightly but smiled as he knocked on the door, and walked inside.

"Oh Ms. Sharp, I have a new student for you." He said, holding his hand out for me to take and I blushed as I accepted the gesture, taking his hand and walking into the class, immediately feeling stares on me.