twenty-six

Quinn Jackson ◊  

My body ached in words that were not describable. I shifted in bed slightly, the pain coursing through as I held in a whimper before placing my hand at the edge of the bed and pushed myself off.

I stood, my legs shaking slightly as I attempted to stand straight. I knew Luke or Ashton would be upset, but I couldn't just lounge in bed any longer. I had been still for too long, and I had to move.

I couldn't sleep anyways, the dreams came back even more vivid and in detail than the night before. His voice kept haunting me, even now when I was awake. I knew that they were planning a meeting, mainly because I always force Michael to tell me everything.

I limped through the hallway, catching glimpses of bruises throughout my body and I grimaced as just walking was exhausting me. Finally I got to the library, and pushed the door opened slightly.

I trembled over what I saw, Luke in all of his godly glory with his back to me. But I wasn't terrified, not at all. I was anxious, because never before had I ever seen Luke so angry but I know he could never hurt me.

"Kronos is becoming more powerful. Someone is going behind my back and I will not stop until I find out who." He snarled, towering over some of the other council members while Arnold stood and nodded.

"I will help you brother. But for now, go and tend to your future queen. She needs your protection and comfort more than we need you here." He said, and Luke nodded before he was suddenly my size once again, and he shook his head as he looked around.

"Kronos returning will not change anything, in fact it will make it worse. So whoever you are, think again before doing anything that will hurt your family." He muttered, before turning on his heel and walking towards the doors.

"Hi my love." He murmured as he approached me, holding me in his arms tightly before turning with a glare over his shoulder at the council once more before taking my hand in his and pulling me gently along as we walked away from them all.

"Hello my king," I breathed out, tugging him back to press my lips against his, and he chuckled before his lips were back against mine, moving together in harmony with my own.

"Why are you out? I believe that you should be in bed resting still," He mumbled, and I frowned as I shook my head and stretched out, acting as if it didn't hurt my entire body in the process.

"I am fine, I couldn't lay around anymore. What would you like to do today?" I whispered as I pulled away, resting my forehead against his and he gave me a soft smile as he just looked at me.

"Honestly Quinn, I want to just spend my day with you. I know we have eternity, but I want to be with you as much as I can." He murmured, and my heart fluttered in my chest at his words. He had confidence in me for passing these tests, and I smiled as I kissed him once again.

"Thank you, for always having confidence in me and loving me, my love." I said, and he smiled as he shook his head and whisked me into his arms, and I squeezed as he carried me up the stairs and into his room.

He laid me on his bed, before crawling over and on top of me, and I sucked in a breath as I stilled, watching him as he was on his hands and knees, hovering over me.

"Quinn, thank you for loving me. I have been unsure of these tests from the beginning, but you have proved me wrong. You have come along and loved me without any reason to." He murmured, his nose brushing against mine and I watched him as I brought my hands together behind his neck, lacing my fingers together.

"You make me a better person Quinn, do not ever forget that." He whispered, his lips pressing against the tender skin of my neck, and I breathed out at the feeling of bliss, "But for now, I am tired." He said, giving me a clever grin as he fell beside me, and I groaned as I glared at him.